Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Update before installing custom ROM?

OP ArobeeTV

10th March 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Dawson Creek
Thanks Meter: 9

34 posts
Donate to Me
I'm getting a Note 8.0 in a couple weeks, and I plan to root and install a custom ROM right off the bat. My question is, do I need to update from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 before rooting and installing a 4.2.2 custom ROM, or can I just root on 4.1.2 and go for the 4.2.2 custom ROM straight away? I only ask because in Canada, we don't get the 4.2.2 update and it'll take some extra steps to install Samsung's 4.2.2 firmware manually. I would rather skip that step if it's not actually necessary.
11th March 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 151

591 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArobeeTV

I'm getting a Note 8.0 in a couple weeks, and I plan to root and install a custom ROM right off the bat. My question is, do I need to update from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 before rooting and installing a 4.2.2 custom ROM, or can I just root on 4.1.2 and go for the 4.2.2 custom ROM straight away? I only ask because in Canada, we don't get the 4.2.2 update and it'll take some extra steps to install Samsung's 4.2.2 firmware manually. I would rather skip that step if it's not actually necessary.

No particular need to update. Just install Cwm, wipe everything and flash your rom (Civz rom suggested).

Sent from Galaxy Note 8.0 GTN5100
The Following User Says Thank You to gabripranzo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Dawson Creek
Thanks Meter: 9

34 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabripranzo

No particular need to update. Just install Cwm, wipe everything and flash your rom (Civz rom suggested).

Fantastic, thank you very much. That's the ROM I was going after too, actually lol. It looks pretty good!
11th March 2014, 01:33 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 151

591 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArobeeTV

Fantastic, thank you very much. That's the ROM I was going after too, actually lol. It looks pretty good!

Anyway please read carefully the instructions in Rom thread.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread