Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 41,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sim Unlock with Sim unlock app works!? with viperOne 5.7.0?

Tip us?

DarkSamurai666
Old
(Last edited by DarkSamurai666; 10th March 2014 at 09:20 PM.) Reason: Cuz i rooted
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Sim Unlock with Sim unlock app works!? with viperOne 5.7.0?

Good Evening Guys

I own a HTC ONE(Sprint) and I am running Android Kit-kat (4.4.0), rooted . I recently downloaded an app called Sprint sim unlock from Play Store but it didn't seem to do anything. I want to unlock my sim. i just saw that i must to change my Rom.

So here is my question. can i put this Rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2334294 ([MAR 9] ViperOne 5.7.0 | 4.19.401.8 | Android 4.4.2 Sense 5.5 | Venom Tweaks, VenomPie, Venom Hub, Theming, Icon Packs, OTA Updates and more!) on my phone and will the app Sprint sim unlock from Play Store work?!

Or is there any other opcions to unlock the sim?!

Thank You

v1ral
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSamurai666 View Post
Good Evening Guys

I own a HTC ONE(Sprint) and I am running Android Kit-kat (4.4.0), rooted . I recently downloaded an app called Sprint sim unlock from Play Store but it didn't seem to do anything. I want to unlock my sim. i just saw that i must to change my Rom.

So here is my question. can i put this Rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2334294 ([MAR 9] ViperOne 5.7.0 | 4.19.401.8 | Android 4.4.2 Sense 5.5 | Venom Tweaks, VenomPie, Venom Hub, Theming, Icon Packs, OTA Updates and more!) on my phone and will the app Sprint sim unlock from Play Store work?!

Or is there any other opcions to unlock the sim?!

Thank You
Hello,
I about to do the SIM unlock, but I believe you'd have RUU first, which means downgrade.
I dont think there is an easier way, one ruu'd that app you downloaded will work. What I have read is after 4.3 HTC modified the area where the app utilizes the unlock. But once successful it'll be forever unlocked.
Phone: Sprint HTC One *IT&E Guam*
ROM: Stock
Viper Rom Six Sense 6.2.1*DD*
Nocternal Nuisense 6 Sense*DD*
Firmware: 4.06.651.11
Radio: 1.00.20.1108
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.9
hboot: s-off 1.56.0000 via Firewater