Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,056 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wrong country

Tip us?

anthonyexmouth
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Wrong country

hi, I have a french bought S4 non-network specific, I am now back in the uk and using my 3 PAYG sim. Will i have any problems updating to 4.4 when it comes out either over kies or OTA?

i see t-mobile has released the update today but no sign of the generic update yet.

being in the uk will i get the uk release or will i have to flash a local version?

Joku1981
Old
(Last edited by Joku1981; 11th March 2014 at 12:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyexmouth View Post
hi, I have a french bought S4 non-network specific, I am now back in the uk and using my 3 PAYG sim. Will i have any problems updating to 4.4 when it comes out either over kies or OTA?

i see t-mobile has released the update today but no sign of the generic update yet.

being in the uk will i get the uk release or will i have to flash a local version?
Conect it to Kies 3 for confirm your CSC and update ur phone if appears any new firmware. The CSC have 3 letters btw parenthesis. You can take a look this list for know and verify ur firmware: HERE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA

anthonyexmouth
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
yeah, the CSC is MK3 (XEF) France . Bought the phone sim free in france when i was over there for the winter but back in the uk now. will this stop me getting uk updates ?

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyexmouth View Post
yeah, the CSC is MK3 (XEF) France . Bought the phone sim free in france when i was over there for the winter but back in the uk now. will this stop me getting uk updates ?
No. You can be relaxed. Coz ur phone is french how u are telling me (XEF). This mean that u will receive french updates. The latest firmware available is I9505XXUEMKF

*EDIT: You can go China if you want but u will receive the french updates anyway coz is the CSC of your phone. Hit "THANKS" button if i helped u

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA