5,606,297 Members 32,797 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to fix fully bricked/fastboot failure/CID error on Motorola Razr (XT190S)

Tip us?

Lincoln357
Old
Thanks Meter 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by JovieBrett View Post

-Extract the .xml file inside the firmware, open with notepad++ and delete the line where 'CDT.bin' exists then put it back to the firmware .zip
!
A little addition to this guide based on personal experience:
I did this in several firmwares trying to unbrick my device but after CDT.bin deletion, RSD Lite won't start the flashing process followed by the message sayng that "some files are missing from original package" and "please add/replace them" or "try another package" etc etc
In that case, the ONLY thing that can help you unbrick your device is CID deletion via fastboot, letting you flash any firmware you want (the question is, however, which of them will actually boot after completing the flashing process without errors.
I tried several firmwares, actually all GSM versions and the only one that booted was Taiwanese stock retail ICS. After that, I upgraded stock FW to JB 4.1.2, again trying several FWs and this time the only one that booted was stock retail JB 4.1.2 for United Kingdom (?!). But, this doesn't matter much as long as you can unbrick your device, boot the stock, root it and install custom recovery and after that the choice is yours. My device was bricked the worst possible way (erased boot, system, data, recovery partitions and tables, all gone except fastboot, with a dying and unchargeable battery. So, I made the "factory cable" myself and started from scratch. After a fair amount of trouble, I did it, what you can see from my signature.
Anyway, deleting CID is no big thing, and trust me, you won't be missing it at all. If that's the price for making your device work again just go ahead, I think it's worth it.
Motorola Razr XT910K Finally unbricked - Multiboot:
#1 stock JB 4.1.2
#2 SlimKat 4.4.2 - Build 3.2

#3 Mokee 4.4.2 Official
#4 [KitKat] Liquidsmooth 3.0
JBX-Kernel-2.1-Hybrid
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
HTC HD2 KitKat 4.4.2 NexusHD2 V4.3
Godfather of XYECMAO rom
Safestrap 3.65 / TWRP
The Following User Says Thank You to Lincoln357 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

turffe
Old
(Last edited by turffe; 14th March 2014 at 02:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 195
Battery Full Make backup of CID...

Does anyone tried that method, to make backup your CID?

If your XT910S/K soft bricked why not to try by flashing XT910 2.3.6 system.img? It should boot to Retail XT910 2.3.6 with XT910S/K kernel.
If you get boot you can try rooting it & backup CID with Terminal Emulator. When erase it...

Still... with ics(jb) you'll need be with erased CID, but having backup never hurts... I just wanna to help people save unique CID.
The Following User Says Thank You to turffe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JovieBrett
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by turffe View Post

If your XT910S/K soft bricked why not to try by flashing XT910 2.3.6 system.img? It should boot to Retail XT910 2.3.6 with XT910S/K kernel.
If you get boot you can try rooting it & backup CID with Terminal Emulator. When erase it...

Still... with ics(jb) you'll need be with erased CID, but having backup never hurts... I just wanna to help people save unique CID.
Will add a note on that, whatever happens a backup of CID is really needed if ever something happens badly And yup, I made a backup
I just wanted to be on stock ICS Im fine with that. THANKS! Sorry for the broken grammar.

Lincoln357
Old
Thanks Meter 234
Quote:

I agree that you should have CID backup, but I really had no choice but to delete it, there was no other way to unbrick it. And if you were on ICS, you cannot downgrade to Gingerbread, you can only flash ICS or JB.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk
#1 stock JB 4.1.2

#3 Mokee 4.4.2 Official
JBX-Kernel-2.1-Hybrid
Godfather of XYECMAO rom
Safestrap 3.65 / TWRP

turffe
Old
Thanks Meter 195
If you on ICS you should also boot with Retail XT910 ICS system.img because your kernel will be still ICS XT910s..

Sent from my Atrix 2 using Tapatalk

Lincoln357
Old
Thanks Meter 234
Quote:

As for me, I don't think that CID would be worth saving, since this device was bought in South Korea, then shipped to Australia and from there shipped to me here in Serbia So, since I couldn't rely much on customer support or service, I decided to delete CID in order to unbrick the Razr. Of course, if there's a chance to save your CID you should certainly do it but for me, CID doesn't mean much in these circumstances.

Sent from my XT910K Revived
#1 stock JB 4.1.2

#3 Mokee 4.4.2 Official
JBX-Kernel-2.1-Hybrid
Godfather of XYECMAO rom
Safestrap 3.65 / TWRP

faheemakbar18
Old
Thanks Meter 8
thanks @JovieBrett
but what special this guide do compare to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6194&nocache=1
we still need to install BMM/SS to pas that customer id screen..otherwise it will give black screen after that CID screen

I took the phone to ap fastboot
flash the .bat file you told about (echo off etc)
flashed firmware with rsdlite
it gave cid error. then android logo with loading (i think thats what you said android is updating)
then I ran with bp tools and it reached OS
if I restart it give black screen after CID unless boot with bp tools

JovieBrett
Old
(Last edited by JovieBrett; 29th March 2014 at 08:34 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by faheemakbar18 View Post
thanks @JovieBrett
but what special this guide do compare to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6194&nocache=1
we still need to install BMM/SS to pas that customer id screen..otherwise it will give black screen after that CID screen

I took the phone to ap fastboot
flash the .bat file you told about (echo off etc)
flashed firmware with rsdlite
it gave cid error. then android logo with loading (i think thats what you said android is updating)
then I ran with bp tools and it reached OS
if I restart it give black screen after CID unless boot with bp tools
Yep unfortunately that's the problem right now. It can only boot with 'bp tools' option. The only thing you can normally boot it is to install a BMM or SS recovery so that it can bypass through booting the CID error without encountering the black screen. As of now, I don't have the required stuff to fix it and don't have the knowledge to find what's behind that problem. The device (Motorola Razr) is not mine, I just fixed it for my friend. I think we can only live with the recovery installed because without it, it's impossible to boot the device normally without CID.

Take note, booting with BP tools is like booting in safe mode, it does not save any progress you made after you customize some stuff on the main screen itself.

faheemakbar18
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I clear your doubt.. It does save i tried with several power offs and restarts

JovieBrett
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by faheemakbar18 View Post
I clear your doubt.. It does save i tried with several power offs and restarts

That's a good result though sorry I'm just a user and not a developer that knows all stuff