Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 38,283 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][ZL/ZQ] Advanced stock kernel for 10.4.1.B.0.101 09/feb/2014

Tip us?

maxomen
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo RD78 View Post
when we received the FW update did not get the source code on the same date, so I created this to temporarily cover 78kernel
make it possible to root the newest version of FW

Advanced stock kernel, the name says it all!
contains zImage pristine Sony, everything is native only add recovery
then lacks some features like DoubleTap2Wake etc.

78Kernel is compiled from source by me
and added extra features in it
you can check the changelog to see what changes

how many people ask me this kernel can use in combination with a rom rom old FW, here is the explanation

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=65

I hope I have been clear

Att Gustavo RD78
Hi, sorry for the lateness response. You're been so clear and I'm now testing the v4. The batery life in v3 was excelent, now is time to the new one. Thanks for the info Gustavo.
The Following User Says Thank You to maxomen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Peter P.S.
Old
(Last edited by Peter P.S.; 11th March 2014 at 12:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo RD78 View Post
do not understand your question...

Send from my Xperia ZL-78Kernel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRIXXIRTA View Post
I think he wants to know if you use the same method that's in the link to allow for CPU voltage changes.

My battery life results with your v4 has been awesome by the way!

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk
Sorry, was divagating about one thing and asking about another....

The CPU voltage control I used to use NoFrills, but I'm trying Android Tuner and Trickster Mod currently... but it would be nice to see a "native" control for voltage and speed..
That was one thing

The other, I asked about scripts.. but I realise now they're are Kernel dependent, but implemented on ROM.
As you, Gustavo, mentioned at some post back about scripts, I was researching about scripts for tweaking the kernel...

They're quite old threads, and at some point someone said that they're not necessary anymore, as stock ROMs are quite well tuned.
So, are there any scripts that we can really use on Xperia ZL? [stock rom, or based on]

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Back on topic:
Battery performance is really good:

Moderate usage, mostly browsing the internet on Wifi and 3G.

Heavy usage, Kernel tweaking, installing apps, restoring files, packing and unpacking apps, several reboots, one or two bootloops, Wifi, 3G, Voice Calls, Whatsapp, Messenger, receiving and sending E-mails, and a few hours without Service Provider signal.

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Thanks Meter 729
Its easier to get a real understanding by screen on times. Post that with your battery results

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.

Tags
advanced, kernel, stock, xperia zl, xperia zq