Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,756 Members 41,019 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom ROM, missing storage space?

Tip us?

Azeolus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Custom ROM, missing storage space?

I've loaded Carbon onto my G2 (VS980), I did the full wipe process before flashing. Now when I open the storage setting it's telling me the total space is 24gb. Am I missing something, why isn't it reporting the full 32?
Active - LG G2 Carbon ROM 28a (05/15) | Droid Bionic stock | Transformer Prime jelly beer
Retired - OG Droid (vzw), GNex (vzw)

staticx57
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azeolus View Post
I've loaded Carbon onto my G2 (VS980), I did the full wipe process before flashing. Now when I open the storage setting it's telling me the total space is 24gb. Am I missing something, why isn't it reporting the full 32?
Some of it has to do with the way LG partitioned the device and some of it has to do with how manufactures report the size of the storage. Long story short, what you see is normal.
LG G2 VS980
TWRP
XDABBEB G2
The Following User Says Thank You to staticx57 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Azeolus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by staticx57 View Post
Some of it has to do with the way LG partitioned the device and some of it has to do with how manufactures report the size of the storage. Long story short, what you see is normal.
Thanks, lovely that they partitioned it away like that.
Active - LG G2 Carbon ROM 28a (05/15) | Droid Bionic stock | Transformer Prime jelly beer
Retired - OG Droid (vzw), GNex (vzw)