Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 42,205 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to restore Samsung Galaxy S4 to offical

Tip us?

piedone
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to restore Samsung Galaxy S4 to offical

Hi,

I have an original Samsung Galaxy S4. It has been updated to original 4.4.2 KitKat. This firmware is very wrong (slow, and battery runs out very soon).
I want to downgrade it to previous 4.3 firmware.

My problem is that Write protection is enabled on the device.
Could you help me how I can disable write protection, flash the 4.3 firmware and restore it to official?

I already downloaded the original 4.3 firmware which is appropriate for my device.

Thanks a lot!
KR
Samsung Galaxy S4

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 545

DONATE TO ME
You can't downgrade. Android 4.4.2 have new bootloader and isn't possible take it back to android 4.3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

piedone
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks a lot!
Samsung Galaxy S4

BuckyRocks
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by piedone View Post
Hi,

I have an original Samsung Galaxy S4. It has been updated to original 4.4.2 KitKat. This firmware is very wrong (slow, and battery runs out very soon).
I want to downgrade it to previous 4.3 firmware.

My problem is that Write protection is enabled on the device.
Could you help me how I can disable write protection, flash the 4.3 firmware and restore it to official?

I already downloaded the original 4.3 firmware which is appropriate for my device.

Thanks a lot!
KR
Today I went to an official Samsung store to tell them about the same, about how bad KitKat has been performing on my phone ever since I got it. I know for a fact that they can downgrade firmwares, but the girl told me that Samsung pulled 4.3 from the system. But I think this was only the one for the unlocked version here in Spain. You might get lucky and they might still have the one that works for your carrier or something.

Try that if you want and let me know if it worked for you... meanwhile I'll live in pain with my 4.4.2 FW.