Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Denver area?

OP Johnnyfriday

11th March 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #1  
Johnnyfriday's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Broomfield
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Ladies and gentleman, my name is John and I'm looking for someone in the Denver area with a more advanced knowledge of the Verizon GS4, preferably after the MDK build. I don't know if this is an appropriate post or not, and if it gets deleted, so be it. Just looking for someone that I can meet up with that could possibly teach me a few things. I've read and read and watched videos and would like to be able to learn a little bit more. I'm just a much better learn hands on. Shoot me a reply and I'll give you my email or number, if this is acceptable. I suppose this is an odd post... They just don't really have short classes for these sorts of things. Right on if this OK, my bad if not.
11th March 2014, 07:26 AM   |  #2  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,272
 
4,295 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyfriday

Ladies and gentleman, my name is John and I'm looking for someone in the Denver area with a more advanced knowledge of the Verizon GS4, preferably after the MDK build. I don't know if this is an appropriate post or not, and if it gets deleted, so be it. Just looking for someone that I can meet up with that could possibly teach me a few things. I've read and read and watched videos and would like to be able to learn a little bit more. I'm just a much better learn hands on. Shoot me a reply and I'll give you my email or number, if this is acceptable. I suppose this is an odd post... They just don't really have short classes for these sorts of things. Right on if this OK, my bad if not.

I know this isn't what you're looking for really but why not in the mean time ask us what it is you're trying to do first? Maybe root it? If so that's really easy using the saferoot method which I can link you to.

Everyone on here would be more than happy to help. It'll get you more familiar with XDA and how it works on here
[emoji12]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Here is Saferoot
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Here's another great thread to look through to get you started and has even more links in it for various other things
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Here's a thread that has just videos on things to do with our phone
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2337590

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

And here's the link to Odin ( stock firmware ) in the event you'd need to " start over"
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
12th March 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #3  
Johnnyfriday's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Broomfield
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Drive hyperdrive/internal memory/bloatware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac

I know this isn't what you're looking for really but why not in the mean time ask us what it is you're trying to do first? Maybe root it? If so that's really easy using the saferoot method which I can link you to.

Everyone on here would be more than happy to help. It'll get you more familiar with XDA and how it works on here
[emoji12]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Here is Saferoot
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Here's another great thread to look through to get you started and has even more links in it for various other things
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Here's a thread that has just videos on things to do with our phone
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2337590

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

And here's the link to Odin ( stock firmware ) in the event you'd need to " start over"
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk


I have most of the basics down. The phones rooted, I'm running Safestrap, got everything backed up, I have Rom Toolbox to do some basic ****. But apparently this MK2 build GS4 is sensitive. Right now I'm trying to free up some internal memory so that I can install Hyperdrive. Out of my 16.gigs, I have about 4 free. I want to delete some bloatware, but I'm super nervous about it. They say I need about 6 gigs to create a Rom slot for it, and I would like to have and 2 free, so I need to free up about 4 more. I don't know if this is possible or not. I've moved all of the apps that I can. I don't know.
12th March 2014, 07:40 AM   |  #4  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,272
 
4,295 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyfriday

I have most of the basics down. The phones rooted, I'm running Safestrap, got everything backed up, I have Rom Toolbox to do some basic ****. But apparently this MK2 build GS4 is sensitive. Right now I'm trying to free up some internal memory so that I can install Hyperdrive. Out of my 16.gigs, I have about 4 free. I want to delete some bloatware, but I'm super nervous about it. They say I need about 6 gigs to create a Rom slot for it, and I would like to have and 2 free, so I need to free up about 4 more. I don't know if this is possible or not. I've moved all of the apps that I can. I don't know.

Keep in mind that Touchwiz kind of lies to you about how much space you really have access to. I'm on AOSP and here's what you really have



9.59

Try freezing things using Titanium Backup. Then see how your phone runs for a couple days. If it runs like normal, you can probably safely uninstall those apps. Before uninstalling, make sure you make a backup just in case. There are also lists people have made on here of things people safely removed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394602491734.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	2626258  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes