Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] G2 is about to go flying due to strange wifi issue..help????

OP kleigh774

11th March 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 86

60 posts
ok yesterday my g2 stopped playing videos while on wifi, like you tube the app or from chrome videos from facebook, anywhere online there is a video it wont play it unless i turn off wifi. my wifes started doing the same later in the day. today i went through with time warner going over ever thing we could and could not find a problem, everything else in the house streams video just fine. finally broke down did a reset on my wifes and boom videos play fine now on wifi. mine after reset still doesnt, things i tried..clearing all caches, clearing all data, returning router to stock, tried the static google fix for router i found online, master reset, verizon put new sim card, went as far as flashing older stock image and letting it update and still cant stream videos....i am at wits end cause at verzion the wifi would stream videos but of course there using there 4g wireless which is the same as me turning off wifi..... does anyone have any ideas at all?????? oh but i get great 30mps speeds and rest of internet works great on wifi just wont stream videos...
Last edited by kleigh774; 11th March 2014 at 08:15 AM. Reason: forgot a few things
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
wifi video youtube facebook
Previous Thread Next Thread