Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,382 Members 46,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] You think you're good at problem solving?

Tip us?

evoeta
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] You think you're good at problem solving?

alright guys!

ive got a i9000 galaxy s, i want to root it, no i have read more how to's and problem solving threads then my friends and i birthdays combined!
firmware 2.3.3
baseband xxjvo
build number gingerbread.xfjv3

now when i plug it in normally the computer pics it up, when i have debugging on, my computer picks it up. when i go into download mode not recovery my computer doesnt pick it up!! i have uninstalled drivers and kies so many times ive probably worn out the links. i have tried different pc's and different cables and ports. same thing odin doesnt pick it up. i have tried framaroot, that is bull****, i have tried the .zip through recovery but i have 3e so wont let me. anyone got ideas??

much appreciated guys

rasm523
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by evoeta View Post
i have uninstalled drivers and kies so many times ive probably worn out the links.
much appreciated guys
You know, that Kies actually needs to be installed (not running) because of the USB drivers? Or you could try these ones: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2038555

Soryuu
Old
Thanks Meter 408
Are you sure Framaroot didn't work? It worked on my S running 2.3.6, notmsure why it wouldn't work for 2.3.3

As rasm said, Kies needs to be installed. Try install it then plug the phone in while its on. The drivers for connection SHOULD start installing...

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

evoeta
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes im sure framaroot didnt work cause i checked with root checker. and kies
has been installed afrw times now. its uninstalled currently cause someone mentioned try uninstall it but keep its drivers

evoeta
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hey soryuu
would you be able to post up how you did your framaroot incase i screwed up
along the way??
many thank
s guys

Soryuu
Old
Thanks Meter 408
Uhm, well I don't own my S anymore, but I always used Framaroot 1.5.1 and I used the... Aragorn exploit (I think)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk