XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is there a cwm for blu studio 5.0 but not the s version

Tip us?

lox2013
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Is there a cwm for blu studio 5.0 but not the s version

I'm been looking everywhere online to look for cwm for the blu studio 5.0 d530 I couldn't find nothing can someone help out

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Blaggah
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm on the same boat. What's the difference between Blu Studio 5.0 and 5s?

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
HD2 Motoman234 MyTouch4G v4.0 oc'd 1305 mhz

Nook Color Rooted W/ CM7Nightlies Phiremod v6.1 Dual Boot OC'd 1.1ghz Honeycomb v4 2nd Edition ''Thanks racks11479 and all the Devs responsible for this''

MyTouch4G Liquid Metal Rom oc'd 1113 mhz

SAPPHIRE PVT 32A Ship S-ON G (Fender LE)
SOLD

k2trf
Old
(Last edited by k2trf; 17th February 2014 at 11:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaggah View Post
I'm on the same boat. What's the difference between Blu Studio 5.0 and 5s?

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The biggest difference is that the 5.0 has a Dual Core CPU, whereas the 5.0S has a Quad Core CPU.
Far as I know the GPU is the same though, both have 1GB RAM/4GB ROM, can take up to 32GB SDHC cards, and are not compatible with any version of android newer than 4.1.2.

I managed to get CWM-R v6.0.3.2 (I believe, if memory serves right, but if not that's still a close guess) flashed on my BLU Studio 5.0S with AIO Flasher -- was actually a PITA for me, as I'm on Ubuntu 13.10 natively, so had to get a Winblow machine up and running just to do the AIO Flashing (wouldn't run correctly through Wine, Crossover, etc.). ZIPed up the exact versions I used of both AIO Flasher and CWM -- although I'm on a BLU Studio 5.0S, I imagine this should work for you as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6e4ahqz719...dio%205.0S.zip

Once you flash it (in case you're not aware), it seems Vol Up + Power to boot goes to Fastboot (green screen) -- this is where you need to be to flash with AIO. If you continue to hold the keys at Fastboot, you'll get to Recovery (red screen), and it'll then load up the recovery.img (be it the default stock one or CWM).

If either of you could be kind enough to Nandroid your stock rom before you flash a different one, I'd greatly appreciate a copy -- I had made one, but seem to have lost it amongst the piles of ROMs I've gone through for the device, as well as my copies I've edited (I'm a tinkerer/hacker :P Am actually trying to make my own ROM as well being everyone in my family has a 5.0S now, so that'd be nice so that I can just keep them all updated without worrying about them being on whatever they want to be on, especially since none of them know any Linux and therefore would likely do more harm than good XD).
Phone: BLU Studio 5.0S D570a | Pseudo-Stock 4.1.2 | Net10 (operating on AT&T)
Laptop: Acer Aspire 5733, Intel Core i3-380M @2.53GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz | Ubuntu 13.10
NAS: Dell Optiplex GX270, Intel Pentium 4 Single Core @3GHz, 2GB DDR2 RAM @667MHz | Ubuntu 13.10 | Dreams to replace with an Arduino & external HDD.

Have I helped you somehow? Please do not just reply to say thank you -- push the THANKS button!
Less unhelpful spam in my inbox that way!

Blaggah
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The phone was too limted and seemed cripled to me due to it's lack of rom space. I returned it and got my money back thank goodness. I'm now in the process of trying to find a budget friendly phone that'll give me LTE on Tmobile. Anyone has any ideas or input? Please PM me and let me know.
HD2 Motoman234 MyTouch4G v4.0 oc'd 1305 mhz

Nook Color Rooted W/ CM7Nightlies Phiremod v6.1 Dual Boot OC'd 1.1ghz Honeycomb v4 2nd Edition ''Thanks racks11479 and all the Devs responsible for this''

MyTouch4G Liquid Metal Rom oc'd 1113 mhz

SAPPHIRE PVT 32A Ship S-ON G (Fender LE)
SOLD