Post Reply

[Q] GT-S6500D (jenad) problems with WiFi and SD (internal sdcard0)

20th January 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Dont stone me if repost, but believe it is not, I honestly tried to study this and other forums for last almost 2 weeks without any results:

I got Mini2 with GB stock ROM and first rooted (using Poot exploit) and upgraded gradually to CWM 6.0.4.5 and CM 10.1 and later CM 11. Didnt discovered any problems except for sdcard0 mount problem as described may times. sdcard0 is not mountable under CWM 6.0.4.5 and CM11 but I think that this can be solved using other threads in this forums, so not a matter here and now, however, it may hint you what is possibly going on. The main thing is, that after trying to experiment with OC kernel, my WiFi always indicates ERROR when trying to switch it on. No matter if in Stock ROM or CM (any version). I tried to reflash Stock and CM (10.1; 10.2 and 11), even repartitioned with ODIN (3.09) and reflashed Stock ROM. No improvement, no change.
Strange thing is, that it was said, that after flashin CM (or CWM not clear now), the offline battery charging does NOT work and phone alway reboots. That can be confirmed by me, but with that exception, that it does NOT work either after reflashing Stock ROM and Stock RECOVERY. Even after this, phone never switches OFF when connected to the charger, just reboots.
I have always did full WIPE (data,cache, format system).
Currently I have Stock ROM 2.3.6
kernel 2.6.38.6-1248583 se.infra@SEI-42 #1 dated Thu Nov 7 20:39:38 KST 2013
Baseband S6500DXXMK1
Recovery reports "Android system recovery (3e)

During last Stock reflash the baseband got upgraded. I am a PC guy, not an Android specialist, but from everlasting WiFi problems and offline charging not working even with Stock ROM and Stock recovery, it looks, like something somewhere got left from my tries with either OC kernel or CWM/CM and prevents Wifi from being switched on. Curently my Stock is rooted so I can get some logs/info anybody can need willing to help/investigate..

Any help or pointers to troubleshooting are highly appreciated as I really love my little cute Mini II.
20th January 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Arrow Alternative
Quote:
Originally Posted by prgbear

Dont stone me if repost, but believe it is not, I honestly tried to study this and other forums for last almost 2 weeks without any results:

I got Mini2 with GB stock ROM and first rooted (using Poot exploit) and upgraded gradually to CWM 6.0.4.5 and CM 10.1 and later CM 11. Didnt discovered any problems except for sdcard0 mount problem as described may times. sdcard0 is not mountable under CWM 6.0.4.5 and CM11 but I think that this can be solved using other threads in this forums, so not a matter here and now, however, it may hint you what is possibly going on. The main thing is, that after trying to experiment with OC kernel, my WiFi always indicates ERROR when trying to switch it on. No matter if in Stock ROM or CM (any version). I tried to reflash Stock and CM (10.1; 10.2 and 11), even repartitioned with ODIN (3.09) and reflashed Stock ROM. No improvement, no change.
Strange thing is, that it was said, that after flashin CM (or CWM not clear now), the offline battery charging does NOT work and phone alway reboots. That can be confirmed by me, but with that exception, that it does NOT work either after reflashing Stock ROM and Stock RECOVERY. Even after this, phone never switches OFF when connected to the charger, just reboots.
I have always did full WIPE (data,cache, format system).
Currently I have Stock ROM 2.3.6
kernel 2.6.38.6-1248583 se.infra@SEI-42 #1 dated Thu Nov 7 20:39:38 KST 2013
Baseband S6500DXXMK1
Recovery reports "Android system recovery (3e)

During last Stock reflash the baseband got upgraded. I am a PC guy, not an Android specialist, but from everlasting WiFi problems and offline charging not working even with Stock ROM and Stock recovery, it looks, like something somewhere got left from my tries with either OC kernel or CWM/CM and prevents Wifi from being switched on. Curently my Stock is rooted so I can get some logs/info anybody can need willing to help/investigate..

Any help or pointers to troubleshooting are highly appreciated as I really love my little cute Mini II.

Alternatively, can someone direct me to steps to COMPLETELY WIPE EVERYTHING (I mean really everything to the bone and start with STOCK ROM from scratch?

Thanx.
7th March 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 1
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prgbear

Alternatively, can someone direct me to steps to COMPLETELY WIPE EVERYTHING (I mean really everything to the bone and start with STOCK ROM from scratch?

Thanx.

Use this code:
Quote:

*2767*3855#

7th March 2014, 10:25 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
What will it do? Need to know before I use it. Cannot afford to **** it up.

Thanks, Ondrej
11th March 2014, 08:35 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
238 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by prgbear

What will it do? Need to know before I use it. Cannot afford to **** it up.

Thanks, Ondrej

1 google search : https://www.facebook.com/kasmirnewsa...84662564983666
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes