Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,614 Members 44,077 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Are you having issues with sensitivity after removing the shatterproofing?
Yes, and I am running CyanogenMod 0 0%
Yes, and I am running stock 1 25.00%
Yes, and I am running <custom kernel, please post> 0 0%
No, and I am running CyanogenMod 0 0%
No, and I am running stock 3 75.00%
No, and I am running <custom kernel, please post> 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

[Poll] Removed shatterproofing, sensitivity issues?

Tip us?

Rekoil
Old
(Last edited by Rekoil; 10th March 2014 at 11:09 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 384
Default [Poll] Removed shatterproofing, sensitivity issues?

So I removed my shatterproofing and am not having any issues at all with sensitivity. The only reason I am asking this question is because my friend who did is. The difference? I am running CyanogenMod and he is running stock.

So to try and get an understanding of whether or not this issue is present on both kernels I am asking all of you who have removed the shatterproofing to tell me if you're experiencing any sort of sensitivity issues after the fact, and also which ROM/kernel you have been running.

Since I just removed my shatterproofing yesterday I will wait and give my feedback when I have had more time to assess the current state.
sony xperia z1 compact d5503 lime green

previous phones
sony xperia z1 c6903 metallic purple - screen cracked, broken digitizer
sony xperia z c6603 royal purple - faulty backplate, returned
samsung galaxy s3 lte (gt-i9305n) marble white - sold... no more samsungs for me
htc one x glacier white - dead :'(
apple iphone 4s white - sold

marciozh
Old
(Last edited by marciozh; 10th March 2014 at 02:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
After I removed the ASF, I noticed problems on touchscreen. It´s not very common and happen randomly (screen stops responding to touch and sometimes shakes). I am using stock .136

Another problem I noticed after removing the ASF: The glass has no oleophobic and hydrophobic treatment (it´s pure glass, like a window´s glass). The fingers do not slide well and the screen always looks dirty and wet!

Due to these problems, I've ordered a Nillkin H + tempered glass protector (front and back).
Sony Xperia Z1 C6943
Rom: Stock 4.3 (.136 rooted)

Rekoil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by marciozh View Post
After I removed the ASF, I noticed problems on touchscreen. It´s not very common and happen randomly (screen stops responding to touch and sometimes shakes). I am using stock .136

Another problem I noticed after removing the ASF: The glass has no oleophobic and hydrophobic treatment (it´s pure glass, like a window´s glass). The fingers do not slide well and the screen always looks dirty and wet!

Due to these problems, I've ordered a Nillkin H + tempered glass protector (front and back).
I am thinking of applying some treatment to mine instead, since I love the look of the device now.
sony xperia z1 compact d5503 lime green

previous phones
sony xperia z1 c6903 metallic purple - screen cracked, broken digitizer
sony xperia z c6603 royal purple - faulty backplate, returned
samsung galaxy s3 lte (gt-i9305n) marble white - sold... no more samsungs for me
htc one x glacier white - dead :'(
apple iphone 4s white - sold