Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

[Q] Nexus 7(2012) can't boot to Recovery. HELP

OP farid775

2nd March 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi everybody, I have installed Ubuntu 13.04 (Desktop version) to Nexus 7(2012). It works but, now I want to reinstall Android, problem is that: I can't boot to recovery. If I push Power on, vol+ & vol- it isn't turning on. When I press only Power on it turns and boots to Ubuntu, how can I flash Android? It was rooted and cwm installed before Ubuntu. Ubuntu isn't installed in dual boot. Thanks for answers.
3rd March 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 44

126 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farid775

Hi everybody, I have installed Ubuntu 13.04 (Desktop version) to Nexus 7(2012). It works but, now I want to reinstall Android, problem is that: I can't boot to recovery. If I push Power on, vol+ & vol- it isn't turning on. When I press only Power on it turns and boots to Ubuntu, how can I flash Android? It was rooted and cwm installed before Ubuntu. Ubuntu isn't installed in dual boot. Thanks for answers.

Hold Power and vol- (don't need to hold vol+) should power on and boot to bootloader screen. You should then be able to boot to recovery. If recovery was somehow wiped when ubuntu was installed, you should be able to flash a new recovery via fastboot.
5th March 2014, 04:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Can't enter fastboot
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrizmaticSmoke

Hold Power and vol- (don't need to hold vol+) should power on and boot to bootloader screen. You should then be able to boot to recovery. If recovery was somehow wiped when ubuntu was installed, you should be able to flash a new recovery via fastboot.

Thanks for your reply, It can't boot to recovery and I can't enter fastboot mode. When it is turning, little text in screen, saying "boot img Ubuntu".
Any ideas?
5th March 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 248

789 posts
More
Google is your friend.
Anyway, this is what you need: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Nexus7/Insta..._Stock_Android
10th March 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
No bootloader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erovia

Google is your friend.
Anyway, this is what you need:

In the link it says boot to bootloader. I can't boot to bootloader. Any other ideas?
11th March 2014, 11:04 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 248

789 posts
More
Maybe someone on the #ubuntu-arm channel on freenode can help you out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread