Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,571 Members 55,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 7(2012) can't boot to Recovery. HELP

Tip us?
 
farid775
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default [Q] Nexus 7(2012) can't boot to Recovery. HELP

Hi everybody, I have installed Ubuntu 13.04 (Desktop version) to Nexus 7(2012). It works but, now I want to reinstall Android, problem is that: I can't boot to recovery. If I push Power on, vol+ & vol- it isn't turning on. When I press only Power on it turns and boots to Ubuntu, how can I flash Android? It was rooted and cwm installed before Ubuntu. Ubuntu isn't installed in dual boot. Thanks for answers.
 
PrizmaticSmoke
Old
#2  
PrizmaticSmoke's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 100
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by farid775 View Post
Hi everybody, I have installed Ubuntu 13.04 (Desktop version) to Nexus 7(2012). It works but, now I want to reinstall Android, problem is that: I can't boot to recovery. If I push Power on, vol+ & vol- it isn't turning on. When I press only Power on it turns and boots to Ubuntu, how can I flash Android? It was rooted and cwm installed before Ubuntu. Ubuntu isn't installed in dual boot. Thanks for answers.

Hold Power and vol- (don't need to hold vol+) should power on and boot to bootloader screen. You should then be able to boot to recovery. If recovery was somehow wiped when ubuntu was installed, you should be able to flash a new recovery via fastboot.
 
farid775
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default Can't enter fastboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrizmaticSmoke View Post
Hold Power and vol- (don't need to hold vol+) should power on and boot to bootloader screen. You should then be able to boot to recovery. If recovery was somehow wiped when ubuntu was installed, you should be able to flash a new recovery via fastboot.
Thanks for your reply, It can't boot to recovery and I can't enter fastboot mode. When it is turning, little text in screen, saying "boot img Ubuntu".
Any ideas?
 
Erovia
Old
#4  
Erovia's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 232
Posts: 762
Join Date: Sep 2012
Google is your friend.
Anyway, this is what you need: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Nexus7/Insta..._Stock_Android
Phone: Nexus 4
ROM: ParanoidAndroid 4+
Kernel: hells-Core
Recovery: MultiROM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tablet: Nexus 7
ROM: SlimKat 5+
Kernel: LeanKernel
Recovery: MultiROM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: Motorola Milestone A853 ROM: CyanogenMod 9.1.0d Recovery: Open Recovery MiniMod by -FuFu-
 
farid775
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default No bootloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erovia View Post
Google is your friend.
Anyway, this is what you need:
In the link it says boot to bootloader. I can't boot to bootloader. Any other ideas?
 
Erovia
Old
#6  
Erovia's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 232
Posts: 762
Join Date: Sep 2012
Maybe someone on the #ubuntu-arm channel on freenode can help you out.
Phone: Nexus 4
ROM: ParanoidAndroid 4+
Kernel: hells-Core
Recovery: MultiROM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tablet: Nexus 7
ROM: SlimKat 5+
Kernel: LeanKernel
Recovery: MultiROM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: Motorola Milestone A853 ROM: CyanogenMod 9.1.0d Recovery: Open Recovery MiniMod by -FuFu-
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...