Deodexed, Debloated and ZipAligned!
This is created from the Developer Edition S4 I545OYUEMJ7 (4.3) system image.
I have enjoyed this phone ever since I purchased it last September, but I have always felt that it was bogged down with too much bloatware and fluff. I had created this ROM for my own use, but I realized that it could benefit all users on I545OYUEMJ7. The ROM is simply the system/app directory rooted (SuperSU), deodexed, zipaligned and debloated. It also contains Busybox, Android Terminal, Titanium Backup, Google Voice and JRummy's Root Browser. You will not find the boot image included nor the modems or radios (All of that can be found here). I have also included the ability within the ROM to apply the Samsung Galaxy S4 Volume Modification (i.e. Stock, Moderate and Very Loud) through Android Terminal (more on that later).
Canid (Caller ID)
MobilePrint and its Services
SBrowser (Samsung Browser)
Samsung MMS (messaging)
Samsung MyFiles (file explorer)
....and probably a bunch more that I didn't list!
....if there are any you would like to see put back in (or taken out!) please let me know.
How to apply Sound Mods:
1. Open Android Terminal
2. Type, without quotes, 'su' (grant Root Access if asked)
3. Type the following:
- cd /system/volume
- Once in system/volume directory type any of these without quotes
'./stock.sh' to apply stock volume
'./moderate.sh' to apply moderate volume boost
'./loud.sh' to apply loud volume boost
4. In order for these changes to take effect you must reboot the phone. You can type, without quotes, 'reboot' within Android Terminal to reboot phone.
What are the installation instructions?
How to install:
1. Download/Transfer to either Internal or External Phone memory
2. Reboot to Custom Recovery (I personally use Philz Touch Recovery)
3. Make Nandroid Backup
4. Data/Factory Reset Phone
5. Install Zip
6. Reboot. Enjoy! - First boot will take between 1-3 minutes
Where to download
Hope I covered everything. If there are any questions, requests, concerns or comments please do not hesitate. JFLTEVZW I545OYUEMK2 is up. I have plans to work on Developer Edition JFLTEVZW I545OYUAMDK as well, when time permits.