XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Fix] Recover Dead Battery [Fix]

Tip us?

seapoint
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default [Fix] Recover Dead Battery [Fix]

According to Motorola Mobility, the solution to a fully discharged battery not restarting is to plug it in to charger and press & hold the power button for 18+ seconds, when the battery should resume charging.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seapoint For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

qhistimie
Old
Thanks Meter 2
how long to discharge it ?

how u discharge it ? just leave the phone for whole day without plug the charger ?

devmgs
Old
(Last edited by devmgs; 10th February 2014 at 07:57 AM.) Reason: added comment
Thanks Meter 10
Default REad the offocial documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by qhistimie View Post
how long to discharge it ?

how u discharge it ? just leave the phone for whole day without plug the charger ?
Official document at https://motorola-mobility-en-in.cust...234/kw/battery

What is the expected behaviour for charging a unit with a deep discharged battery?

Immediately after plugging in a charger the white notification LED will turn on. This LED will turn off, when the battery is charged to a sufficient level to power the display (could take up to 10 minutes before the display turns on). Tapping on the power key will wake up the display and the phone will display the "lightning bolt" icon over the battery meter. The display will time out, but charging will continue. Phone should remained plugged in (at idle) for up to 5 hours for a full charge. It will take longer, if phone is in use.
The Following User Says Thank You to devmgs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

qhistimie
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks. can boot on already..

Quote:
Originally Posted by devmgs View Post
Official document at https://motorola-mobility-en-in.cust...234/kw/battery

What is the expected behaviour for charging a unit with a deep discharged battery?

Immediately after plugging in a charger the white notification LED will turn on. This LED will turn off, when the battery is charged to a sufficient level to power the display (could take up to 10 minutes before the display turns on). Tapping on the power key will wake up the display and the phone will display the "lightning bolt" icon over the battery meter. The display will time out, but charging will continue. Phone should remained plugged in (at idle) for up to 5 hours for a full charge. It will take longer, if phone is in use.

ManBearrrPig
Old
Thanks Meter 29
if nothing else works just plug the phone to a charger and hold the power button for at least 2-3minutes. the white led should blink a few times. after that leave it charging for an hour and than turn it on by pressing the power button.

this was the only thing that worked for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to ManBearrrPig For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

karan25591
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up Fixed

Faced the same problem, the phone had ran out of charge completely and and switched off. Plugged it in to the wall charger but that wasnt of any help. Connected to my laptop and same result!! Wont Charge! Held the power button for about 2-3 minutes and the LED flickered 2-3 times and the 0% Battery screen showed up. Showing the same screen at the moment. Hopefully its charging.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karan25591 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

poiple_flower
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan25591 View Post
Faced the same problem, the phone had ran out of charge completely and and switched off. Plugged it in to the wall charger but that wasnt of any help. Connected to my laptop and same result!! Wont Charge! Held the power button for about 2-3 minutes and the LED flickered 2-3 times and the 0% Battery screen showed up. Showing the same screen at the moment. Hopefully its charging.
Thank you for this advice - I followed it and it worked. I had my Moto G plugged in for hours prior to trying this with no success.

When you press the power button, 18 seconds probably won't be long enough so keep holding the power button. I had to hold the button for around 3 to 4 minutes but it worked eventually.

knightbeat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default It Works!! Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan25591 View Post
Oh!!! I almost got a heart attack I guess . Because, Moto-G was the only smart phone that never gave me any trouble. Even my Samsung Galaxy 3 LTE gave a lot of headaches . When this acted dead, I was really upset. Your solution worked fine I guess. Screen just appeared. Still on 0%, but apparently it is charging now.

Thanks Karan. Your solution is the best. Costs nothing

kalashenicof
Old
Thanks Meter 61
I had the same problem, but at least for me the above trick didnīt work. The phone simple dindīt boot, or display any notification light.

I left the phone over night at the charcher and nothing... Tried multiple chargers, computer ports, laptop ports, etc etc, and still nothing...

Then I went and read online a little bit more about lithium ion batteries and found out that the trick is to let the phone of the charger for a couple of hours (for me was about 5 hours) and then the phone will reconized the phone.

Hope this helps someone in the same situation. (If the press and hold trick dind't work).

Fire Ace
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Worked !

I bought moto g yesterday ,I faced the same problem which scared the hell out of me! But after power key for longer time ,now the 0%
battery is displayed ! Damn relief ! Hope it's charging now !