Asus Hints at Upcoming Week-long Battery Smartwatch

Asus hinted that their next smartwatch, succesor to the elegant ZenWatch, could feature … more

Note 4 Full Caller ID Mod

Flash this mod to get a clean full-screen caller ID on your Note 4, which also comes with a Call Recording button … more

Extend System Partition Capacity on Xiaomi Mi Phones

Dualboot is a great feature to have, but sadly it divides the system partition space, … more

Sony Looking to Extend Flagship Life, One Release a Year

Following the news that Sony won’t be announcing a new device at MWC 2015, we … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] need root

OP pmkool

21st January 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #1  
pmkool's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
I want to root my samsung galaxy s4 i9500 on android 4.3 (mk9) WITHOUT TRIGGERING KNOX AND WARRENTY BIT......just need root, cwm is not that important just want to keep knox and warranty bit as zero earlier I usedkingoapp but now it is not supported
11th March 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 23
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
After having my original non-knox s4 replaced under warranty, ive now been given a mk9 4.3 i9505 and in the same situation.

Can anyone confirm if its possible to root without triggering knox?
11th March 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #3  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib
Thanks Meter: 2,169
 
1,891 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatl0rd

After having my original non-knox s4 replaced under warranty, ive now been given a mk9 4.3 i9505 and in the same situation.

Can anyone confirm if its possible to root without triggering knox?

Try to use Saferoot mate , and Please read more about saferoot before using it , since i still have an oldbooloader nor No knox . im not really sure if this gonna work or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 23
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa

Try to use Saferoot mate , and Please read more about saferoot before using it , since i still have an oldbooloader nor No knox . im not really sure if this gonna work or not.

Thanks mate, gosh i didnt think to look into other i9505 sections. XDA information seems somewhat all over the place sometimes. I can confirm its working. Running root without any KNOX triggers.
11th March 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #5  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib
Thanks Meter: 2,169
 
1,891 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatl0rd

Thanks mate, gosh i didnt think to look into other i9505 sections. XDA information seems somewhat all over the place sometimes. I can confirm its working. Running root without any KNOX triggers.

Glad that help you solve that problem have a nice day.
11th March 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 23
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa

Glad that help you solve that problem have a nice day.

One more thing, Is there a definitive place i can go to get the latest on rooting and custom roms?

Cheers
11th March 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #7  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib
Thanks Meter: 2,169
 
1,891 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatl0rd

One more thing, Is there a definitive place i can go to get the latest on rooting and custom roms?

Cheers

Im sorry mate , I know only how to root the phone without triggering your knox but if you flash any custom rom, im sure that your knox will get void ?!? Like i said im still on oldbootloader and Please feel free to read more about here .

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes