FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] need root

21st January 2014, 01:53 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I want to root my samsung galaxy s4 i9500 on android 4.3 (mk9) WITHOUT TRIGGERING KNOX AND WARRENTY BIT......just need root, cwm is not that important just want to keep knox and warranty bit as zero earlier I usedkingoapp but now it is not supported

11th March 2014, 02:18 PM |#2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 24

More
After having my original non-knox s4 replaced under warranty, ive now been given a mk9 4.3 i9505 and in the same situation.

Can anyone confirm if its possible to root without triggering knox?
11th March 2014, 02:26 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib
Thanks Meter: 2,613

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatl0rd

After having my original non-knox s4 replaced under warranty, ive now been given a mk9 4.3 i9505 and in the same situation.

Can anyone confirm if its possible to root without triggering knox?

Try to use Saferoot mate , and Please read more about saferoot before using it , since i still have an oldbooloader nor No knox . im not really sure if this gonna work or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 03:04 PM |#4  
Flag Melbourne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa

Try to use Saferoot mate , and Please read more about saferoot before using it , since i still have an oldbooloader nor No knox . im not really sure if this gonna work or not.

Thanks mate, gosh i didnt think to look into other i9505 sections. XDA information seems somewhat all over the place sometimes. I can confirm its working. Running root without any KNOX triggers.
11th March 2014, 03:07 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks mate, gosh i didnt think to look into other i9505 sections. XDA information seems somewhat all over the place sometimes. I can confirm its working. Running root without any KNOX triggers.

Glad that help you solve that problem have a nice day.
11th March 2014, 03:09 PM |#6  
Flag Melbourne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa

Glad that help you solve that problem have a nice day.

One more thing, Is there a definitive place i can go to get the latest on rooting and custom roms?

Cheers
11th March 2014, 03:20 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

One more thing, Is there a definitive place i can go to get the latest on rooting and custom roms?

Cheers

Im sorry mate , I know only how to root the phone without triggering your knox but if you flash any custom rom, im sure that your knox will get void ?!? Like i said im still on oldbootloader and Please feel free to read more about here .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread