Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,255 Members 53,620 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WP 8.1 leaks!

Tip us?

th0mas96
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default WP 8.1 leaks!

Hey,
Have you read about the private 8.1 SDK beta that started? The screenshots look legit, and the verge confirmed this too: http://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphone...cript_support/
Especially the SD card option is interesting, and the ability to prevent SD card installs in the manifest sounds like a great idea to me (it makes modifying apps a lot harder, since you'd need an unlock to get any files). what do you think?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to th0mas96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Randοm Hero
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by th0mas96 View Post
Hey,
Have you read about the private 8.1 SDK beta that started? The screenshots look legit, and the verge confirmed this too: http://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphone...cript_support/
Especially the SD card option is interesting, and the ability to prevent SD card installs in the manifest sounds like a great idea to me (it makes modifying apps a lot harder, since you'd need an unlock to get any files). what do you think?
This

April 2nd can't come soon enough.

I hope there is a way it would be leaked to the public, so we could download this...

Apps in SD means 16+64GB for my ativ S.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
So just get the Preview for Developers app from Microsoft and install the MS bits. No need to wait for the firmware update from the OEM... I'll receive WP8.1 as soon as Microsoft releases it, without even waiting for my OEM, much less my MO, to approve it.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mcosmin222
Old
(Last edited by mcosmin222; 14th February 2014 at 09:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 212
the SDK is pure awesomeness...

...and full of bugs xD

Well, i suppose users will have a new annoying thing to complain about...

Dadstar
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I love all of the changes implemented in WP8.1, but I'm not going to do the developers preview unfortunately. I'd rather wait until all the bugs are ironed out.

People seem to be complaining about the skinned live tiles being a customization option. While it may take away from the uniqueness of live tiles' designs from each other, depending on the background chosen, it may look pretty sweet. Although, I'd love to have an option for an actual background instead.

aaki_rocker
Old
Thanks Meter 327
any idea when it could be available in "preview for developers" ?
CURRENT DEVICES :

Motorola Droid Razr™ HD

Nokia Lumia™ 928

HISTORY OF DEVICES :

HTC One™M7
LG G2
Samsung Galaxy™ S III
Nokia Lumia 928
Apple iPhone 5
Nokia Lumia 920
Apple iPhone 4s
Samsung Galaxy Note - N7000
Pantech Flex
Motorola Droid RAZR
SONY Xperia™S
Samsung Galaxy Note I717
Samsung Galaxy SII T989 -Hercules
LG Nitro HD
HTC VIVID 4G
LG Thrill 4G
HTC HD2

The Legendry Nokia N900

HIT THANKS IF I'VE HELPED YOU !!

The Following User Says Thank You to aaki_rocker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DaviUnic
Old
Thanks Meter 25
It was said all over the internet that developer preview is expected to launch at this year's BUILD event, which will take place on April 2nd.

agispapatias
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviUnic View Post
It was said all over the internet that developer preview is expected to launch at this year's BUILD event, which will take place on April 2nd.

waiting for it !!

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more