How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Can You See Screen Scratches?

OP MSmithXDA

27th February 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52

236 posts
Hey folks,

I'm looking to buy a used phone on ebay. The description says that the screen has a slight scratch on it that can't be seen when the phone is turned on...only when it's off. Having never had a scratch on any of my phone's screens, I can't easily verify that claim. Does this have the ring of truth to it?

If you've had a slight scratch on your screen, does it really only appear when the phone is off? What about when the screen is dim? Or what about at different angles, etc? Does it pretty much always just disappear?

Thanks
27th February 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 14

193 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmithXDA

Hey folks,

I'm looking to buy a used phone on ebay. The description says that the screen has a slight scratch on it that can't be seen when the phone is turned on...only when it's off. Having never had a scratch on any of my phone's screens, I can't easily verify that claim. Does this have the ring of truth to it?

If you've had a slight scratch on your screen, does it really only appear when the phone is off? What about when the screen is dim? Or what about at different angles, etc? Does it pretty much always just disappear?

Thanks

I have a few scratches in my screen that are really only visible from slight anez, when the screen is off,and when the screen is solid white

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to frostysnowman3567 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Suffolk, VA
Thanks Meter: 1,476

2,789 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have super tiny (1/100 of a millimeter in width) ones that are only visible when the light (only direct sunlight) hits it just right, other than that I forget that they are even there

Probably from being placed in a pocket
The Following User Says Thank You to .torrented For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52

236 posts
Awesome. Thanks guys.
1st March 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

9 posts
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmithXDA

Awesome. Thanks guys.

I even have a dent on the screen and it's barely visible when the LCD's on, so a hairy scratch that won't be noticed while the screen is on sounds like true
11th March 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #6  
Flag Bay City
Thanks Meter: 35

96 posts
More
I had a small crack in my screen and I never noticed it while using the phone unless you really look for it, small scratch you will be fine won't even notice it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread