XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NIGHTLY][ROM][4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Captivate

Tip us?

PxGold
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswclw View Post
Thanks for letting us know. I'll be sure to steer clear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Their was no harm done, and I was able to reload the 3/6 nightly without doing a wipe (or loading a backup) of my phone. I would be interested if their was a defect in the "stable" monthly release release which didn't allow me to switch from from the nightly to the monthly or was their something unique about the 3/6 nightly that was incompatible with the monthly. The only other possibility is their was something unique about the configuration on my phone that didn't allow the stable release to be installed, but then again I was able to go to install the 3/11 nightly without any problems.

pawitp
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 16685
Quote:
Originally Posted by PxGold View Post
Their was no harm done, and I was able to reload the 3/6 nightly without doing a wipe (or loading a backup) of my phone. I would be interested if their was a defect in the "stable" monthly release release which didn't allow me to switch from from the nightly to the monthly or was their something unique about the 3/6 nightly that was incompatible with the monthly. The only other possibility is their was something unique about the configuration on my phone that didn't allow the stable release to be installed, but then again I was able to go to install the 3/11 nightly without any problems.
http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/cm-1...-release-items
Please do not use email, PM or use social network to ask for support (use the thread), ask for help on another device (I can't help without access to the device) or recommendation on the "best" device/ROM (I only know about what I use).

If you like my work, please consider donating via PayPal using the address p.pawit [at] gmail.com
(if PayPal says that it is not available, please do not mark the payment as a donation and it will go through)
The Following User Says Thank You to pawitp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PxGold
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawitp View Post
Interesting read, I was never aware of this. The reason I tried the M4 build was in the I9000 CM11 thread you suggested to some users that they should try the M4 build for better stability. Perhaps CM should some have release notes with the monthlies warning who are using nighties about a this and telling of the cut off date. Will this also be a problem with the Release Candidates? In the past I never had a problem going from nighties to Release Candidates.

pawitp
Old
Thanks Meter 16685
Quote:
Originally Posted by PxGold View Post
Interesting read, I was never aware of this. The reason I tried the M4 build was in the I9000 CM11 thread you suggested to some users that they should try the M4 build for better stability. Perhaps CM should some have release notes with the monthlies warning who are using nighties about a this and telling of the cut off date. Will this also be a problem with the Release Candidates? In the past I never had a problem going from nighties to Release Candidates.
It depends on the situation and cannot be determined without looking at the code at that moment. Normally, it would not be a problem, it's just that there's a big merge this time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Please do not use email, PM or use social network to ask for support (use the thread), ask for help on another device (I can't help without access to the device) or recommendation on the "best" device/ROM (I only know about what I use).

If you like my work, please consider donating via PayPal using the address p.pawit [at] gmail.com
(if PayPal says that it is not available, please do not mark the payment as a donation and it will go through)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pawitp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LaKsHaY1997
Old
(Last edited by LaKsHaY1997; 5th April 2014 at 04:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 91
When I flash this Rom, it results in a bootloop..
Im upgrading from CM10
After sometime it says "set_metadata_recursive" status 7 error...Then when I try to reboot into recovery, It doesn't
Then I flash another Kernel(Neat kernel) which supports CM11 to boot into recovery and then install it again...It installs without any error, but still it results in bootloop
I'll have to flash that Kernel(neat kernel) again to make it boot into CM11...As soon as it boots up there I see "com.android.phone" has stopped working and it keeps popping up

Any Help?

pawitp
Old
Thanks Meter 16685
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaKsHaY1997 View Post
When I flash this Rom, it results in a bootloop..
Im upgrading from CM10
After sometime it says "set_metadata_recursive" status 7 error...Then when I try to reboot into recovery, It doesn't
Then I flash another Kernel(Neat kernel) which supports CM11 to boot into recovery and then install it again...It installs without any error, but still it results in bootloop
I'll have to flash that Kernel(neat kernel) again to make it boot into CM11...As soon as it boots up there I see "com.android.phone" has stopped working and it keeps popping up

Any Help?
What version are you trying to flash? The 20140405 nightly has a bug which results in boot failure. Use an older nightly in the meanwhile.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pawitp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dpaik
Old
Thanks Meter 56
i flashed 4/5 without reading and now i'm stuck in a bootloop....3 button combo won't work...can't get into recovery to flash older build from cmupdater folder....luckily i have a jig and it does go into download mode but is there a way to undo this without having to go back to stock and redoing everything? gahhhhhh....stress
Galaxy S Cappy (AT&T) - CyanogenMod 11 KK Nightly
Galaxy SII (AT&T) - Shostock3 v4.0 JB
OG Galaxy Tab 7" (P1000)(AT&T) - Official CM11 KK Nightly
Nexus 7.2 (32GB)(Flo) - Clean Rom(KK) / ElementalX
Galaxy Note 3(AT&T) - Stock KK 4.4.2
LG G2 (AT&T) - Stock KK 4.4.2

LaKsHaY1997
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaik View Post
i flashed 4/5 without reading and now i'm stuck in a bootloop....3 button combo won't work...can't get into recovery to flash older build from cmupdater folder....luckily i have a jig and it does go into download mode but is there a way to undo this without having to go back to stock and redoing everything? gahhhhhh....stress
Yep..it happened with me too..
3 button combo doesn't work
Just put your phone into download mode like you would normally do
And then flash any kernel...like I use slimbean so I flashed Semaphore then using 3 button combo booted up into recovery and restored my backup

n205des
Old
Thanks Meter 344

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaik View Post
Try flashing neat kernel or semaphore through odin...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n205des For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

p.chi
Old
(Last edited by p.chi; 6th April 2014 at 10:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 30
I posted this in the i9000 thread but i think it should've been here, the captivate thread.
Excuse me for posting this rookie issue here but I hope I can get bit of help. I also have the bootloop but I can't get into recovery at all to repair it. I've been holding the volume buttons and power while powered off and it just cycles the AT&T logo. Have tried a few different combinations like the volume up and power; volume down & power; home, vol up & down, power; but just keeps restarting. It gets to the first cyanogen mod boot screen, after the ATT world phone logo, but then reboots. Any ideas I can try to get this working again?

I'm able to get into download mode immediately via removing battery, attaching usb cable to pc, holding down volume buttons and then putting the battery back in. Opened Odin 1.85, see it recognized and placed the semaphore.tar file in the bootloader field and it seems I'm back up.
HTC One
Galaxy S3 (i747)
Galaxy S2 (i777) - ShoStock 3 v4.0 (Daily)
Galaxy S (Captivate) - CM11 0401Nightly