Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,725 Members 37,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing SPH-L900 from Sprint to MetroPCS?

Tip us?

fhaq
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Flashing SPH-L900 from Sprint to MetroPCS?

Hello all. I'm currently attempting to flash my SPH-L900 (Samsung Note 2) from Sprint to MetroPCS. I've been looking 'round the net for information on doing this and I'm kinda spinning my wheels. I'm getting info that the MEID need to be changed to ESN, I need to obtain the SPC (and the MSL would be nice to have as well), Does anyone have any links to a good tutorial or information they could share on this? I've gotten quite a bit of information already, but I want to be sure I don't brick this phone, and I want to keep full functionality (4G data, text, ect.). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 4,446

DONATE TO ME
@fhaq While this is not exactly for metropcs it will cover the basics. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=35753067 I used it as a guide to flash my sprint note 2 to cricket. You just have to use metro's info in place of the other.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet

fhaq
Old
(Last edited by fhaq; 12th March 2014 at 01:30 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks!

That info was right on point. Now I have a solid base knowledge to work off of. Thanks jlmancuso!

fhaq
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 4G speeds?

Anyone know if I'll keep the 4GLTE on the Metro network? I think that it would now that they do 4GLTE.

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 4,446

DONATE TO ME
Doubt it. Most providers use different frequencies for LTE. If they are the same the next issue is our LTE/gsm card is integrated into the board. Not completely sure but think only sprint companies can use the LTE (virgin, ting, etc..).

Jlmancuso

fhaq
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 4G LTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso View Post
Doubt it. Most providers use different frequencies for LTE. If they are the same the next issue is our LTE/gsm card is integrated into the board. Not completely sure but think only sprint companies can use the LTE (virgin, ting, etc..).

Well looks like I wont be flashing to Metro then. I didn't even think about different frequencies for LTE.

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 4,446

DONATE TO ME
If the ESPN's are good then you could use one of sprints sister companies. I use cricket and 3g is not bad get between 800k and 1.5 mb. Yes a long way from 4g but if you have WiFi you won't notice the lack of 4g most times.

Jlmancuso