Clean install kitkat retaining 4.3 root 0x0?

Search This thread

djrm

Nov 7, 2008
Sorry guys, i'm sure this has been talked about loads but I just cant find it :eek:

I'm UK BTU, on 4.3 rooted with 0x0 knox. Can anyone give me a step by step to do a clean install of 4.4.2 kitkit and keep or allow 0x0 root once installed.

Thanks!!!

G

GuestK0079

:) does someone have a spoon ?
and btw, how can you even say that you can't find it ?
Do you think your the first one doing this ? The web is till now full of tutorials on how to do this. I hate lazy noobs.

Sent from my N9005

Last edited:
G

GuestK0079

And where are you people searching this that you can't find it ? At the local butchers store ? :sly:
Though someone will help you.

Sent from my N9005

djrm

Nov 7, 2008
:) I hate lazy noobs.

Sent from my N9005

Only just saw this edit, nice one. If it was that easy to find the exact request I wouldn't be asking. Im not lazy, ive been trying to find the exact answer for hours. Plenty on customs roms, plenty on upgrading keeping root, but i just cant find 'Clean install kitkat retaining 4.3 root 0x0' :(

G

GuestK0079

:) didn't UK get official 4.4 ? I think it did. Unroot and update. And then look for rooting without tripping Knox.

Sent from my N9005

djrm

Nov 7, 2008
:) didn't UK get official 4.4 ? I think it did. Unroot and update. And then look for rooting without tripping Knox.

Sent from my N9005

Thanks guys for your noob support :good: So this isnt the route....

1. Download the rom zip file.
2. Copy the zip file to the root of your phone's internal SD
3. Disable reactivation lock under settings > security
4. Run Mobile Odin Pro. Allow SU access if prompted.
5. Mobile odin pro will ask you to update some stuff if it is run for the first time. Just update it and do not ask in the forum if it is safe.
6. There will also be a standard warning that it will trip knox. Knox will not be trip and just press OK. Do not ask in the forum if it is safe.
7. Load N9005XXUENA6_N9005OXXENA5_N9005XXUENA2_HOME.tar.md5 in MOP
8. Enable EverRoot, Choose option "Download mode" in After flashing. Start flashing.
9. After booted into Download Mode, connect your phone to your computer and run Odin 3.09.
10. Load N9005XXUENA6_BL-Only.tar.md5 in the BL section
11. Check Phone Bootloader Update and F.Reset.time, uncheck Auto Reboot and Start Flashing.
12. When Odin says RESET!, switch off your phone and reboot normally.
13. Reflash CSC with odin or MOP to avoid any further issue with keyboard or auto restart
14. DONE

UK does now have official N9005XXUENB7_N9005OXAENB1_BTU but if the above is correct how do I get a BL-Only for my firmware version or is this not necessary?