Rooting Galaxy Tab 10.1

Tip us?

Delithralas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rooting Galaxy Tab 10.1

Hi,

As thousands before me already have asked I've never really found a direct answer for my next question... Maybe because it was never asked this way:

1). What is the pros and cons for rooting Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P7500)?
Basically everything you can think of, put into boxes of good and bad things about it.

2). What ROM would you recommend using IF I was to root my tablet?
I really only know about Cyanogen mod, however I've heard that theres many other just as good or maybe better ROMs too.

3). Could you provide a link to a good and simple guide how to root my tablet IF that is what I end up doing. And ofcourse a link to your recommended ROM.

Last but not least; I know rooting breaks the warranty of my product, however my products warranty has already ran out so this "concern" is already out of the picture.

Thank you very much in advance .

Best regards
Patrick / Delithralas

Delithralas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So noone has anything to say regarding above mentioned? Surely someone must have an input and an idea

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

Delithralas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Bump

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

Prowler665
Old
(Last edited by Prowler665; 12th March 2014 at 12:52 AM.) Reason: typo
Thanks Meter 2
Well, as you might know rooting your device and installing a custom-ROM are two different things. While 'rooting' gives you as a normal user access to the superuser-account and thus enableing you to do things that only the superuser can and should do on your device, installing a new ROM can give you a new operating-system.

If you don't use apps that require root, there is no need for rooting your device. Most probably you might wanna use something like Titanium-Backup or something like that...

As for custom-ROMs you should remember that the galaxy tab 10.1 is EOL for a long time now, so recent development is getting thin...

For a nice KitKat-build you might wanna take a look here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2668337
The Following User Says Thank You to Prowler665 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]