5,603,646 Members 36,717 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T 4.2.2 update rolling out now!

Tip us?
 
myculito
Old
#401  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 231
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
Did you not read the OP?

Sent from my Evita
Yes, but if you read the comment that I posted to, he says he got it from HTC's site.
 
timmaaa
Old
#402  
timmaaa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4655
Posts: 10,042
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by myculito View Post
Yes, but if you read the comment that I posted to, he says he got it from HTC's site.
Why does it matter where it comes from? It's the same update. There are other links posted in this thread, if you search you'll find them.

Sent from my Evita
HTC Evita | KarbonKat 4.4.2 1.0-5
S-off | 2.14 | Modified TWRP 2.6.3
Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!
 
chrisb906
Old
#403  
chrisb906's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 101
Posts: 1,072
Join Date: Jan 2013
Since I reverted back to firm 3.18 from this update, my bsod disappeared

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
 
lordodrag86
Old
#404  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 23
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by myculito View Post
Yes, but if you read the comment that I posted to, he says he got it from HTC's site.
Here it is:

http://www.htc.com/us/software/softw...ense-5-update/

Also, they have indeed added the Group Messaging feature. You no longer have to use a 3rd party app to do so.
 
myculito
Old
#405  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 231
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordodrag86 View Post
Here it is:

http://www.htc.com/us/software/softw...ense-5-update/

Also, they have indeed added the Group Messaging feature. You no longer have to use a 3rd party app to do so.
Thanks for the reply back! This worked perfect.
 
zounduser
Old
#406  
zounduser's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1429
Posts: 4,426
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: sioux falls SD

 
DONATE TO ME
So this is rootable?

Sent from my beastmode of a phone, THE Galaxy Note 3
AT&T HTC ONE
VERIZON HTC ONE max
AT&T Galaxy Note 3
BLACKOUT SQUAD MEMBER
TEAM DART TESTER
VIPER ROM TESTER
 
magnetboard
Old
#407  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 312
Join Date: May 2011
If you are s-off, supercid, and have an unlocked bootloader before the update, yes.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
 
timmaaa
Old
#408  
timmaaa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4655
Posts: 10,042
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne

 
DONATE TO ME
For anyone that took this update before unlocking your bootloader I may have the answer for you. Firewater s-off is a new s-off method that should work for you guys. The process:

1-Use the temp root solution to get s-off.
2-Get SuperCID by issuing this fastboot command:
Code:
fastboot oem writecid 11111111
3-Unlock your bootloader at htcdev.

Firewater S-off Thread

Sent from my Evita
HTC Evita | KarbonKat 4.4.2 1.0-5
S-off | 2.14 | Modified TWRP 2.6.3
Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wannabegt4
Old
#409  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 146
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
For anyone that took this update before unlocking your bootloader I may have the answer for you. Firewater s-off is a new s-off method that should work for you guys. The process:

1-Use the temp root solution to get s-off.
2-Get SuperCID by issuing this fastboot command:
Code:
fastboot oem writecid 11111111
3-Unlock your bootloader at htcdev.

Firewater S-off Thread

Sent from my Evita
Steph09 tried earlier and it didn't work. She had the same problem as the people in the thread you linked to. It would chug all the bottles then fail. We went to IRC and beaups basically said it wasn't going to work for us but couldn't say why. Has anyone gotten it to work for our phones?
AT&T HTC One X - S-Off - SuperCID - AT&T 4.2.2 - Rooted
 
timmaaa
Old
(Last edited by timmaaa; 14th March 2014 at 04:19 PM.)
#410  
timmaaa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4655
Posts: 10,042
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabegt4 View Post
Steph09 tried earlier and it didn't work. She had the same problem as the people in the thread you linked to. It would chug all the bottles then fail. We went to IRC and beaups basically said it wasn't going to work for us but couldn't say why. Has anyone gotten it to work for our phones?
Thanks for the information. That's odd though, I'm pretty sure I know someone who got it to work. I'll confirm his details and get back.

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Ok, here's the deal. I can confirm a friend of mine has achieved the following: used temp root to get s-off via Firewater while on the latest 5.18 firmware. It is possible.

Note: you must not reboot the phone through the process, or the temp root is lost.

Sent from my Evita
HTC Evita | KarbonKat 4.4.2 1.0-5
S-off | 2.14 | Modified TWRP 2.6.3
Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!

Tags
4.2.2, att, jellybean, ota, s-off
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes