[Nook HD/HD+][SD Install][4.4] CM11.0/SGT7 (KitKat) Updated 04/15

Tip us?

bokbokan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 578

DONATE TO ME
OP updated 20140306
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bokbokan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bokbokan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 578

DONATE TO ME
OP updated 20140309
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bokbokan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ckran
Old
(Last edited by ckran; 10th March 2014 at 05:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default Wi-Fi

Shortly after I updated to 20140306 and the latest GAPPS the Wi-Fi stopped working. I would turn Wi-Fi on and see all my saved connections but none of the active access points around me. The Wi-Fi Analyzer app also shows nothing. But other android devices can see and connect ok.

I just updated to 20140309 and saw the access points for a few minutes but didn't connect, and now once again I don't see anything.

I tried booting to stock and from there I could connect so the Wi-Fi radio itself on the tablet is working OK.

I haven't changed any of the Wi-Fi settings on the tablet. Any suggestions much appreciated.

NapalmDawn
Old
Thanks Meter 125

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckran View Post
Shortly after I updated to 20140306 and the latest GAPPS the Wi-Fi stopped working. I would turn Wi-Fi on and see all my saved connections but none of the active access points around me. The Wi-Fi Analyzer app also shows nothing. But other android devices can see and connect ok.

I just updated to 20140309 and saw the access points for a few minutes but didn't connect, and now once again I don't see anything.

I tried booting to stock and from there I could connect so the Wi-Fi radio itself on the tablet is working OK.

I haven't changed any of the Wi-Fi settings on the tablet. Any suggestions much appreciated.
Try this. Tell your Nook to "forget" the connection to the router. Turn the nook off. While it's off, pull the power to the router for 1 min. Boot the router back up. When it's fully initialized again, turn the nook on. Try to hit your wifi and put in the pswd again.
------

My devices
Rezound-Tachyon!
HP Touchpad-Schizoid
Transformer 700-CROMI-X Transformer 300-Cromi-X
Nexus 7-Purity ROM Galaxy Tab 3 7-Crash ROM
Blue Stacks for Windows Retired-HTC Flyer, Droid Eris, HTC Tbolt, Lenovo K1, Transformer 101

ckran
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Wi-Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapalmDawn View Post
Try this. Tell your Nook to "forget" the connection to the router. Turn the nook off. While it's off, pull the power to the router for 1 min. Boot the router back up. When it's fully initialized again, turn the nook on. Try to hit your wifi and put in the pswd again.
Thanks. Telling it to forget mine (or any) network gets an error "Failed to forget network." So ok, I can get around that. Move the file
/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

Reboot the Nook and it builds a new file without any remembered networks. Scan doesn't fin any of the several wi-fi networks running around here.

NapalmDawn
Old
Thanks Meter 125

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckran View Post
Thanks. Telling it to forget mine (or any) network gets an error "Failed to forget network." So ok, I can get around that. Move the file
/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

Reboot the Nook and it builds a new file without any remembered networks. Scan doesn't fin any of the several wi-fi networks running around here.
I'm out of ideas on that one then.
------

My devices
Rezound-Tachyon!
HP Touchpad-Schizoid
Transformer 700-CROMI-X Transformer 300-Cromi-X
Nexus 7-Purity ROM Galaxy Tab 3 7-Crash ROM
Blue Stacks for Windows Retired-HTC Flyer, Droid Eris, HTC Tbolt, Lenovo K1, Transformer 101

ckran
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Wi-Fie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapalmDawn View Post
I'm out of ideas on that one then.
Anyone else? In searching these forums I've seen other reports of "Searching for Wi-Fi networks" and not finding any but not much in the way of solutions. This solution worked for others but not for me:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...93&postcount=5

I looked at /proc/kmsg to find:

Enable wl12xx poer<6>
wl12xx: loaded
w1x:fwrr otd(e ..019<6>
ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0 link is not ready
ADCN(EDVU) 20 iki 0 ed

So it looks like Wi-Fi doesn't get turned on?

Nuor60
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I have had wifi stop working after an update, no bars and no visible networks. A simple reboot put all to right. I never found out why.

bokbokan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 578

DONATE TO ME
OP updated 20130320
The Following User Says Thank You to bokbokan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hawsey
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Great work on this ROM , i can't thank you enough I have had this working for a while now , what is the easiest way to upgrade to the latest version with all the latest fixes /tweaks ?,do I just have to start again ?
Apologies if this has been covered before

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook HD using Tapatalk