5,605,120 Members 37,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][Ville][KK][cfX-Toolchain LLVM Clang 3.5] HTC ONE S codefireX Nightlies

Tip us?

jrior001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2135

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by truevision View Post
I'm wrong or there isn't md5 in download place ?
Nope , no md5 on download site. That's something I've asked for before, just never got implemented by our server guy. I'll bring it up again

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jrior001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

truevision
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrior001 View Post
Nope , no md5 on download site. That's something I've asked for before, just never got implemented by our server guy. I'll bring it up again

Thanks.
Yesterday I tried to flash codefirex on my ville, no success, still loop on boot.
This rom is for all HTC One S S4 ? I had read all thread and I don't found something about that...

jrior001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2135

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by truevision View Post
Thanks.
Yesterday I tried to flash codefirex on my ville, no success, still loop on boot.
This rom is for all HTC One S S4 ? I had read all thread and I don't found something about that...
I had another report on Evita, same issue. Grab a nightly from a few days ago, until I can figure out what's up with the current builds.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jrior001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AKToronto
Old
Thanks Meter 388
Quote:
I had another report on Evita, same issue. Grab a nightly from a few days ago, until I can figure out what's up with the current builds.

For me bootloops would happen whenever I committed the kernel commit make_config_strict_memory_rwx even stricter... Revert that one commit on the kernel and it all works fine again. It's a security patch but for whatever reason reverting it seems to help. At least in my case. I have kept it reverted in my custom kernel for now.

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk

jrior001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2135

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKToronto View Post
For me bootloops would happen whenever I committed the kernel commit make_config_strict_memory_rwx even stricter... Revert that one commit on the kernel and it all works fine again. It's a security patch but for whatever reason reverting it seems to help. At least in my case. I have kept it reverted in my custom kernel for now.

Testing kernel of yours on this ROM? CM is using that commit without issue...

AKToronto
Old
(Last edited by AKToronto; 10th March 2014 at 07:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 388
Quote:
Testing kernel of yours on this ROM? CM is using that commit without issue...

Yes I know it works on cm11 without issue. But when I try booting codefire ROM, it doesn't work unless I revert that commit... Anyways it may be something specific to my custom kernel of course. But take a look at when the complaints started and when the bootloops start... My guess is it will be around the time you added this commit to the codefire stock kernel... It may not be answer but it's worth looking into.

Edit: and by flashing my custom kernel over the stock I have been able to boot the ROM even with some of the more recent nightlies...

jrior001
Old
(Last edited by jrior001; 10th March 2014 at 09:23 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2135

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKToronto View Post
Yes I know it works on cm11 without issue. But when I try booting codefire ROM, it doesn't work unless I revert that commit... Anyways it may be something specific to my custom kernel of course. But take a look at when the complaints started and when the bootloops start... My guess is it will be around the time you added this commit to the codefire stock kernel... It may not be answer but it's worth looking into.

Edit: and by flashing my custom kernel over the stock I have been able to boot the ROM even with some of the more recent nightlies...
Thank you sir, appreciate the info.

Edit: this was indeed the issue, still not sure why though. Reverted for now until I find the root problem. Nightly for 3/11 will be goog to go.

jrior001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2135

DONATE TO ME
Anybody having lag issues with wifi on ?

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

nino2603
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Anybody having lag issues with wifi on ?

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk
no

cannondaleV2000
Old
Thanks Meter 528

DONATE TO ME
I use that commit in my kernel on this rom 2 days ago and it worked fine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

I was haveing an issue with uploading to my western digital my cloud server on the 3-08 nightly with the western digital app

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Current device: HTC One S
ROM: Vanir
Kernel: vanir kernel

old devices:mytouch 3G(retired)Nexus One(EMMc died)Samsung Vibrant(bricked by odin)Samsung captivate(broken screen)