HTC M9 S-OFF In Less Than 24 Hours – No ETA On Release

HTC devices are no stranger to XDA’s Senior Recognized Developers … more

April Fools Round Up: The Year of Nostalgia

April Fools Day is once again upon us and as usual, tech companies everywhere have not … more

Android 5.1 OTA for Nexus Round-Up

The beginning of April is dominated by April Fools. There are jokes and pranks everywhere, which are … more

Official Lollipop for LG G2 Captured

LG is rolling out the Lollipop update for the LG G2. KDZ images for both 16 GB and 32 GB variants … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Camera Quality on the Note 3

12th March 2014, 02:56 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
314 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Hello,

I'm coming from a Nexus 5 which was by no means an excellent camera but significantly better than the Note 3. I mean, this Note 3 camera is absolutely atrocious. Terrible quality, blurry, takes a long time to take the pic, etc. I've tinkered around with the settings, to no avail. Is there any sort of fix for the camera? Perhaps a replacement camera APK that performs semi-decently. As I said, the Nexus 5 wasn't great but even in HDR mode it's quicker than my Note 3 to take a shot, and the quality on the Note 3 is quite abominable. I'm running slim kat 4.4.2
12th March 2014, 03:05 AM |#2  
dragonstalker's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Grovetown, Ga
Thanks Meter: 1,293
 
1,872 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ2525

Hello,

I'm coming from a Nexus 5 which was by no means an excellent camera but significantly better than the Note 3. I mean, this Note 3 camera is absolutely atrocious. Terrible quality, blurry, takes a long time to take the pic, etc. I've tinkered around with the settings, to no avail. Is there any sort of fix for the camera? Perhaps a replacement camera APK that performs semi-decently. As I said, the Nexus 5 wasn't great but even in HDR mode it's quicker than my Note 3 to take a shot, and the quality on the Note 3 is quite abominable. I'm running slim kat 4.4.2

run over to the n9005 thread and get a copy of the lenovocamera apk.
12th March 2014, 03:08 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
314 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstalker

run over to the n9005 thread and get a copy of the lenovocamera apk.

Can you possibly send me a link? I searched 'lenovocamera' and didn't come up with anything in a Note 3 forum. Also, will a N9005 app work with my N900T? Thanks
12th March 2014, 03:14 AM |#4  
dragonstalker's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Grovetown, Ga
Thanks Meter: 1,293
 
1,872 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ2525

Can you possibly send me a link? I searched 'lenovocamera' and didn't come up with anything in a Note 3 forum. Also, will a N9005 app work with my N900T? Thanks

yes, and it's in the note 3 themes and apps section.
12th March 2014, 03:23 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
314 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
This is significantly better. Thanks a lot.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2665714
The Following User Says Thank You to JJ2525 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 04:39 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Newington
Thanks Meter: 47
 
175 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
More
I like Procapture better then stock camera app. It has alot more options then the stock app. There's also a free version as well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ios.procapture


Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
12th March 2014, 12:53 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
314 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Just a heads up, the lenovo app is a great camera but appears to drain the battery significantly. I added it to Greenify, so hopefully that fixes the problem.
13th March 2014, 12:37 PM |#8  
raw2000j's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 343
 
1,846 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
I use camera 360

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes