Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more
Post Reply

Need help installing 4EXTRecovery on sd card

OP htcp85

12th March 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 0
 
134 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Try to install android via Nativesd, did the partition on my sd card with fat32 and ext4, then copy the unzipped file of 4extrecovery to the fat32, and the zipped rom in the same partition, went to magldr, services, boot settings, ad sd dir, the choose 4ext file, phone reboot and stay on htc green logo like for 5 sec and then reboot and same thing try three times and wasn't able to boot into 4extrecovery. Help please
12th March 2014, 11:50 AM   |  #2  
Robbie P's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,029
 
4,234 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcp85

Try to install android via Nativesd, did the partition on my sd card with fat32 and ext4, then copy the unzipped file of 4extrecovery to the fat32, and the zipped rom in the same partition, went to magldr, services, boot settings, ad sd dir, the choose 4ext file, phone reboot and stay on htc green logo like for 5 sec and then reboot and same thing try three times and wasn't able to boot into 4extrecovery. Help please

does the unzipped 4extrecovery folder on your sdcard contain the files Haret, startup.txt etc? or just 1 folder with those files in? needs to be the first.

Also are you booting using ad sd from magldr?
12th March 2014, 01:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 0
 
134 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie P

does the unzipped 4extrecovery folder on your sdcard contain the files Haret, startup.txt etc? or just 1 folder with those files in? needs to be the first.

Also are you booting using ad sd from magldr?

the unzipped folder contains another folder wich I rename 4EXTRecovery with the haret, startup,etc. I copy that folder into sd with the rom zipped. Then booting using ad sd from magldr.
12th March 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #4  
Robbie P's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,029
 
4,234 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcp85

went to magldr, services, boot settings, ad sd dir, the choose 4ext file,

You mean the 4extreco~ file? Not the 4ext file.

Also did you set all sd partitions as primary using minitool?
12th March 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 0
 
134 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie P

You mean the 4extreco~ file? Not the 4ext file.

Also did you set all sd partitions as primary using minitool?

Yes 4extrecovery file, also set partitions as primary. That's correct
12th March 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #6  
Robbie P's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,029
 
4,234 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcp85

Yes 4extrecovery file, also set partitions as primary. That's correct

how odd.
perhaps your 4ext download was corrupted, try redownload and re-install.
How did you put files on sdcard? I hope you used card reader and not magldr usb mass stg
12th March 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 0
 
134 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Also this is where I download from http://goo.im/devs/Xylograph/Various/Recoveries/SD
Last file
12th March 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 0
 
134 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie P

how odd.
perhaps your 4ext download was corrupted, try redownload and re-install.
How did you put files on sdcard? I hope you used card reader and not magldr usb mass stg

I put the files on sd card with a card reader, and I download first the second file in the link where I download it from then I tried the last file.
12th March 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #9  
Robbie P's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,029
 
4,234 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcp85

Also this is where I download from http://goo.im/devs/Xylograph/Various/Recoveries/SD
Last file

Sorry, i know what went wrong, you have to change the name of the folder back to what it was originally, "4ext" or "4extr", then try to boot it.
12th March 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 0
 
134 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie P

Sorry, i know what went wrong, you have to change the name of the folder back to what it was originally, "4ext" or "4extr", then try to boot it.

What folder?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes