Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,569 Members 44,240 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does anyone know how to replace the digitizer only?

Tip us?
 
jonelleallida
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default Does anyone know how to replace the digitizer only?

Does anyone know how to replace the digitizer only?

I checked youtube how to replace the lcd + digitizer front panel set but I cant find anything on just removing the digitizer from the lcd.

I checked aliexpress and found
"Touch Screen Glass lens Digitizer Panel Replacement For Sony Togari Xperia Z Ultra C6802 XL39h Original free shipping"
for $90.

Do I need the
"5X Digitizer Touch Panel Adhesive Sticker Rubberized For Sony Ericsson Xperia Z Ultra XL39H C6802,Togari,Xperia L4,Xperia ZU"
on aliexpress to make the digitizer stick to the lcd?

Or should I just fork out $150 for the lcd and digitizer set for an easier way?

But I would prefer just doing the digitizer way cause its more cheaper.


Any input would be great guys. Thank you.
 
ronald_loulan
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 232
Join Date: Apr 2010
AFAIK is almost impossible to remove it as they were bonded with good adhesive....
Some professional equipment are available to remove them but it cost quite a bit to do so...
 
Leechoonhwee
Old
#3  
Leechoonhwee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 114
Posts: 1,035
Join Date: Apr 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Even if you managed to pull it off. You cannot water proof it anymore.
 
jonelleallida
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald_loulan View Post
AFAIK is almost impossible to remove it as they were bonded with good adhesive....
Some professional equipment are available to remove them but it cost quite a bit to do so...
Is it the same as the "Z" ?

I saw this youtube video " watch?v=1TFFHFHUJjc " and I feel like I could do it. Search "Sony Xperia Z Separate Touch Screen (Digitizer Glass) Scotle PR-1000 "

Clamps, Heat gun, UV LOCA glue, and Molybdenum wire. I think I could pull it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leechoonhwee View Post
Even if you managed to pull it off. You cannot water proof it anymore.
I'm fine without the water proof. I'm just going to fix it and pass it to my nephew.
 
ronald_loulan
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 232
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonelleallida View Post
Is it the same as the "Z" ?

I saw this youtube video " watch?v=1TFFHFHUJjc " and I feel like I could do it. Search "Sony Xperia Z Separate Touch Screen (Digitizer Glass) Scotle PR-1000 "

Clamps, Heat gun, UV LOCA glue, and Molybdenum wire. I think I could pull it off.



I'm fine without the water proof. I'm just going to fix it and pass it to my nephew.
U can try but is not that easy like what they said...
It take alot of patient which i dont hv...
Good luck and pls do update us...
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes