FORUMS

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] android system usage zapping battery

12th March 2014, 06:28 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Anytime I check battery, android system is usually using 30- 40% battery with at least 35 packages listed for it. Also very little keep awake time, under 10 minutes. Is this normal? This is on 4.2.2 rooted. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app
 
 
12th March 2014, 11:30 AM |#2  
yonef's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plovdiv
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcletus

Anytime I check battery, android system is usually using 30- 40% battery with at least 35 packages listed for it. Also very little keep awake time, under 10 minutes. Is this normal? This is on 4.2.2 rooted. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

no It's not normal, I have the same problem. Still didn't found a solution.
P.S. - noticed that the weather widget is updating constantly, even update period is set to 3 or more hours
- removed the widget and the "android system" is still ~40% of the battery even higher than the screen
12th March 2014, 02:42 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87
 
More
Check carrier iq.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
12th March 2014, 03:38 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
How to check/disable carrier iq?

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app
12th March 2014, 03:45 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcletus

How to check/disable carrier iq?

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

You need to rename the apk files in /system/app for it. Depends who your carrier is.
13th March 2014, 11:32 AM |#6  
yonef's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plovdiv
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledvedder

You need to rename the apk files in /system/app for it. Depends who your carrier is.

mine has no carier apps. it is international D802 , unbranded, unlocked, stock everytnigh, no root
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes