Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,194 Members 41,503 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] external SD card causing sluggish boot

Tip us?
 
wilflare
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 778
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default [Q] external SD card causing sluggish boot

I'm using Note3 with the latest 4.4.2 (rooted)

It seems like my external SD card is causing my phone to be sluggish during boot/reboot.
- Phone boots to homescreen fine
- Phone cannot be put to sleep with power button
- External SD card not detected during this time

after awhile, the phone vibrates
- External SD card now detected
- Phone can now be put to sleep.

any suggestions?
 
wilflare
Old
#2  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 778
Join Date: Sep 2013
sorry for the bump..
but any ideas? :X
 
Dejan Sathanas
Old
#3  
Dejan Sathanas's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2595
Posts: 1,209
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hell
Scan card with a antivirus, move files from card to a pc, format SD card, try with empty card, then add files not all at once to see what's causing the problem, then come back and ask ?

Sent from my N9005
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7piTcDllnY
The Following User Says Thank You to Dejan Sathanas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wilflare
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 778
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan Sathanas View Post
Scan card with a antivirus, move files from card to a pc, format SD card, try with empty card, then add files not all at once to see what's causing the problem, then come back and ask ?

Sent from my N9005
thanks for the reply.
I reformatted my extSD and removed all the files (backup of my internalSD) and it seems to be working fine now.
- decent detection speeds...

it seems like the Note3 has issues detecting the SDcard once it's up to a certain size?
The Following User Says Thank You to wilflare For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Dejan Sathanas
Old
(Last edited by Dejan Sathanas; 12th March 2014 at 06:57 AM.)
#5  
Dejan Sathanas's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2595
Posts: 1,209
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilflare View Post
thanks for the reply.
I reformatted my extSD and removed all the files (backup of my internalSD) and it seems to be working fine now.
- decent detection speeds...

it seems like the Note3 has issues detecting the SDcard once it's up to a certain size?
I'd disagree. I have 1.2 gigs free of 64, and it wasn't formatted for at least 1.5 years, and I moved a gazillion of files but it flies on the Note.
Many things to consider when a sd card starts to f... around.

Edit : just checked, only 0.8 gigs

Sent from my N9005
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7piTcDllnY
 
wilflare
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 778
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan Sathanas View Post
I'd disagree. I have 1.2 gigs free of 64, and it wasn't formatted for at least 1.5 years, and I moved a gazillion of files but it flies on the Note.
Many things to consider when a sd card starts to f... around.

Sent from my N9005
hmm.. possibility of a damaged SDcard? ><
got this 64GB from Amazon.com...

I did a scan for errors on PC nothing wrong either ><
 
Dejan Sathanas
Old
#7  
Dejan Sathanas's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2595
Posts: 1,209
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilflare View Post
hmm.. possibility of a damaged SDcard? ><
got this 64GB from Amazon.com...

I did a scan for errors on PC nothing wrong either ><
Yeah, could be. You'll see how it behaves. From my experience, these kind of things are good to be bought original. I'm not sayin yours if fake, but you know what I mean...

Sent from my N9005
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7piTcDllnY
 
wilflare
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 778
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan Sathanas View Post
Yeah, could be. You'll see how it behaves. From my experience, these kind of things are good to be bought original. I'm not sayin yours if fake, but you know what I mean...

Sent from my N9005
I know.. hmm but Amazon.com is the last place I'll expect fakes :/

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Remove Unnecessary WhatsApp Elements with Xposed

In modern life, you can’t underestimate the power ofthe dark sidemessaging … more

MaR-V-iN to Talk Google and Android APIs at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of September … more

But First, Let Me Take a #Selfie

“Today while browsing XDA,I’m going tocheck to seeif my favorite ROM has been updated–but … more