Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,562 Members 53,903 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] sync defy contacts to google account contacts

Tip us?

g2c
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] sync defy contacts to google account contacts

Hello,

I was wandering if there was an easy method for the compete ignorant to transfer contacts from the defy phone to Google. I tried to long press a contact or edit it but no option was offered to save it in Google. Since Motorola is a Google company i naively thought this should have been a piece of cake.

Thanks in advance for your time

PS it for a friend and i don't have the exact model #

Rawwr
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2c View Post
Hello,

I was wandering if there was an easy method for the compete ignorant to transfer contacts from the defy phone to Google. I tried to long press a contact or edit it but no option was offered to save it in Google. Since Motorola is a Google company i naively thought this should have been a piece of cake.

Thanks in advance for your time

PS it for a friend and i don't have the exact model #
easiest way to sync your contacts to google is

Settings > accounts > google > click on the *google account* that is on the device, then untick *Contacts* option, then tick it Again. ( with mobile data or wifi on)

and google bought motorola in 2012 and defy was launched in 2010.
and google has already sold moto to lenovo.
Samsung Galaxy s2 I9100 Running MIUI 4.9.5 Android 4.4.4

Retired Devices - Motorola Defy MB525 < Sony ericsson u20i < nokia 5530 < nokia e63 < nokia n79 < nokia n78 < nokia 2700 classic < nokia 6600 < samsung e250

g2c
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawwr View Post
easiest way to sync your contacts to google is

Settings > accounts > google > click on the *google account* that is on the device, then untick *Contacts* option, then tick it Again. ( with mobile data or wifi on)

and google bought motorola in 2012 and defy was launched in 2010.
and google has already sold moto to lenovo.
Hmm, Thanks, i understand now my mistake.

As for your procedure: if i understand you well, what you are recommending is to force contact sync. This should normally result in synchronizing the contacts of the phone defined as belonging to the "Google account" (as opposed to "local') with the contacts on Google server. But i think that the contacts in my friend's phone has been seized as "local" ...