Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

4.4.2 ota update, hk n9005, rooted, super su survival mode?

OP mobilevil

11th March 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 11

103 posts
More
I am tempted to try, my Knox is not trapped yet and I am running 4.3 mk1. anyone tested already? I will go cm sooner or later but cm is not quite ready yet. if super su survives the ota and I don't have to factory reset it would be great

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
12th March 2014, 09:48 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong

103 posts
More
doh, ota refused to install on rooted device!

12th March 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #3  
Flag Toronto, ON (Hong Kong S.A.R.)
Thanks Meter: 1,451

2,015 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilevil

doh, ota refused to install on rooted device!

If you want to install the OTA, you may have to use Wanam Xposed to reset the Custom Binary to Official and then you would be able to install it.

However, SuperSU MAY not survive the Survival Mode, and may or may not trip KNOX.
12th March 2014, 10:00 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong

103 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum

If you want to install the OTA, you may have to use Wanam Xposed to reset the Custom Binary to Official and then you would be able to install it.

However, SuperSU MAY not survive the Survival Mode, and may or may not trip KNOX.

with wanam installed, the phone is willing to download the OTA, but the actual install failed. maybe it detected the system modification, maybe the system is too dirty to do a upgrade without factory reset. i donno.

with wanam removed, the phone is not willing to start the OTA at all.

maybe I will try mobile odin and install bootloader in another step, as I see people are having good result in sprint note 3. or I will try a factory reset before trying OTA with wanam installed, again.

will post my result here.
12th March 2014, 10:02 AM   |  #5  
Flag Toronto, ON (Hong Kong S.A.R.)
Thanks Meter: 1,451

2,015 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilevil

with wanam installed, the phone is willing to download the OTA, but the actual install failed. maybe it detected the system modification, maybe the system is too dirty to do a upgrade without factory reset. i donno.

with wanam removed, the phone is not willing to start the OTA at all.

maybe I will try mobile odin and install bootloader in another step, as I see people are having good result in sprint note 3. or I will try a factory reset before trying OTA with wanam installed, again.

will post my result here.

Hold up. Since you have the N9005, no matter what you do you will trip your KNOX when you're on 4.4.

If you want the OTA no matter what, download the stock firmware from SamMobile and flash it in Odin. Root will be removed and you can start to use OTAs any time you want.
12th March 2014, 10:05 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong

103 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum

Hold up. Since you have the N9005, no matter what you do you will trip your KNOX when you're on 4.4.

If you want the OTA no matter what, download the stock firmware from SamMobile and flash it in Odin. Root will be removed and you can start to use OTAs any time you want.

no big deal. I will move to CM sooner or later....just want to keep KNOX as long as possible
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread