FORUMS

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

4.4.2 ota update, hk n9005, rooted, super su survival mode?

11th March 2014, 06:32 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
I am tempted to try, my Knox is not trapped yet and I am running 4.3 mk1. anyone tested already? I will go cm sooner or later but cm is not quite ready yet. if super su survives the ota and I don't have to factory reset it would be great

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
 
12th March 2014, 09:48 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
doh, ota refused to install on rooted device!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
12th March 2014, 09:56 AM |#3  
nicholaschum's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag University of Toronto St. George (Hometown: Hong Kong)
Thanks Meter: 7,458
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilevil

doh, ota refused to install on rooted device!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

If you want to install the OTA, you may have to use Wanam Xposed to reset the Custom Binary to Official and then you would be able to install it.

However, SuperSU MAY not survive the Survival Mode, and may or may not trip KNOX.
12th March 2014, 10:00 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum

If you want to install the OTA, you may have to use Wanam Xposed to reset the Custom Binary to Official and then you would be able to install it.

However, SuperSU MAY not survive the Survival Mode, and may or may not trip KNOX.


with wanam installed, the phone is willing to download the OTA, but the actual install failed. maybe it detected the system modification, maybe the system is too dirty to do a upgrade without factory reset. i donno.

with wanam removed, the phone is not willing to start the OTA at all.

maybe I will try mobile odin and install bootloader in another step, as I see people are having good result in sprint note 3. or I will try a factory reset before trying OTA with wanam installed, again.

will post my result here.
12th March 2014, 10:02 AM |#5  
nicholaschum's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag University of Toronto St. George (Hometown: Hong Kong)
Thanks Meter: 7,458
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilevil

with wanam installed, the phone is willing to download the OTA, but the actual install failed. maybe it detected the system modification, maybe the system is too dirty to do a upgrade without factory reset. i donno.

with wanam removed, the phone is not willing to start the OTA at all.

maybe I will try mobile odin and install bootloader in another step, as I see people are having good result in sprint note 3. or I will try a factory reset before trying OTA with wanam installed, again.

will post my result here.

Hold up. Since you have the N9005, no matter what you do you will trip your KNOX when you're on 4.4.

If you want the OTA no matter what, download the stock firmware from SamMobile and flash it in Odin. Root will be removed and you can start to use OTAs any time you want.
12th March 2014, 10:05 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum

Hold up. Since you have the N9005, no matter what you do you will trip your KNOX when you're on 4.4.

If you want the OTA no matter what, download the stock firmware from SamMobile and flash it in Odin. Root will be removed and you can start to use OTAs any time you want.


no big deal. I will move to CM sooner or later....just want to keep KNOX as long as possible
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank