2 days ago, a drop or 2 of water got into my USB connector of my nexus 5, and i didnt notice and unfortunately plugged it in to charge it. Suddenly, i heard crackling sound and started smelling smoke/burning silicon/rubber.
I quickly unplugged it, but it was too late and it could no longer charge. however, later at night, i tried cleaning the formed rust off the connector with a thin piece of metal, and now its charging properly, but it is a bit sensitive (aka moving the usb cable will stop it from charging)
however, i started noticing that my battery is dying really quickly, i mean approximately 1% every 2 or 3 minutes when im just browsing the net or even just arranging my homescreen icons.
The top back of the phone (near the camera area) is also getting hotter than usual when only doing the above mentioned things, and the temp decreses at the bottom part/battery of the phone. so im guessing its the cpu thats heating up (top)
however, i was talking to a google rep about a replacement before i got the phone to charge, and she made me factory reset it before i send it to them (but ended up not sending it because theyll charge me because theyll find out its water damage), and i dont know whether the problem is because of the burnt connector (thats functional now...) or because of the reset. I reset it a second time, but the batter/cpu temp is the same.
in battery stats, Android system is in 2nd place the whole time. Screen is about 40% and andoroid system is about 15% (with a CPU total and Keep Awake of 12min)
So does the damage of the connector have to do with the battery/cpu heating up? like could it have affected them? because my battery was normal before the factory reset/usb damage.
thanks a lot