5,605,250 Members 38,869 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(jb only for now)flash any stock rom from any g2 variant w/out roaming or dirty flash

Tip us?

MTechRD
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Hi,

I have a question :
If you wipe everything (data, cache, system, etc) how do you flash the rom and their zips files?

I mean, if you wipe the internal storage how can you do it?

Brs

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

incubus2
Old
(Last edited by incubus2; 12th March 2014 at 04:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
You answered the question yourself my friend OP says nothing about internal storage

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

Does anyone know if it's possible to get on-screen phone working using this method? I flashed the tmobile rayglobe and the app is recognizing my device but giving error of "unknown skin"

I actually found the answer to my own question. For those interested in using on screen phone you must navigate to the skins folder on your pc. Change one of the folder names to match your device name and inside that folder rename the xml with device name. Inside xml there is also three lines at the top labeled with model, insert your device name there as well.

spruce_rd
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Wow, fantastic thread.
Just flashed Pardus ROM with OP's help (of course). Running very smooth and snappy.
The next I'll try is Aeon, I'm very curious the differences between both.

Lawlrus
Old
(Last edited by Lawlrus; 16th March 2014 at 03:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 580
Files are missing! Can't flash paradus I've been waiting to flash it too haha

Sent from my VS980 4G

360Razir
Old
Thanks Meter 71
^ Same...can't find files to flash.

~ Sent from my VS980 ~

GohanBurner
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I'm flashing AOSP roms left and right and have 3G roaming issues. Will this cure them or is this only meant for stock roms? Also, why would someone need to downgrade to 11A or whatever then go to 12B? Any particular reason for that?

Lawlrus
Old
Thanks Meter 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by GohanBurner View Post
I'm flashing AOSP roms left and right and have 3G roaming issues. Will this cure them or is this only meant for stock roms? Also, why would someone need to downgrade to 11A or whatever then go to 12B? Any particular reason for that?
This allows you to flash international Roms on the vs980, it doesn't "fix" anything.

Not sure what youre asking about the 11a 12b question.

Sent from my VS980 4G

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Most every aosp ROM uses parts from cm. Cm are the ones that broke 3g.

Until cm fixes the issue, a lot of Roms will have issues with it.

Sent from my VS980 4G

360Razir
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Anyone have a mirror for the 2 files that are discussed in the OP? Looks like the posted link is showing the folder as empty.

~ Sent from my VS980 ~
The Following User Says Thank You to 360Razir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tdawg0213
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawlrus View Post
Files are missing! Can't flash paradus I've been waiting to flash it too haha

Sent from my VS980 4G
That's weird, I just flashed it and all is well. Of course the stock messaging app doesn't send mms. On twrp 2.6.3.3, came from aeonflex on 12b. Did a full wipe excluding internal x3, yes overkill. Installed Rom, vs980 patch-1, then rotation fix 12b beta, all seperate. What I mean is flash one then the next but don't reboot between them. I noticed for me if I do all zips together I ran into issues. If I'm still unclear, in twrp you can add up to 10 zips at once to flash, I don't do that. Hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360Razir View Post
Anyone have a mirror for the 2 files that are discussed in the OP? Looks like the posted link is showing the folder as empty.

~ Sent from my VS980 ~
Which ones are you talking about? Depending whether your on 11a or 12b, they're specific.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

VS980 Running 24A like a BOSS thanks to xdabbeb!
ROM: MicroMod777 Flex
Kernel: Stock

Lawlrus
Old
Thanks Meter 580
I've used them before, i wasnt saying i was having problems getting it to work. I was saying that the patch and rotation fix, is missing from the link in the op.

And I myself, am on 12b

Sent from my VS980 4G