Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 45,395 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] xperia t 4.3 push notifications

Tip us?

bamdadkhan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] xperia t 4.3 push notifications

hi guys,

since the update to the 4.3 firmware, i'm not getting push notifications for facebook, skype etc. k9 mail and sms apps work just fine. i've added my accounts properly (google facebook etc.). tried disabling timescape and the sony social crap but that didn't help. i have no such problems on aftermarket roms (omni, cm).

i also downloaded push notification tester, and i can confirm that nothing happens after step 3 (trigger notification).

am i the alone with this? if not, is there a fix?

WhiteNeo
Old
Thanks Meter 619

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamdadkhan View Post
hi guys,

since the update to the 4.3 firmware, i'm not getting push notifications for facebook, skype etc. k9 mail and sms apps work just fine. i've added my accounts properly (google facebook etc.). tried disabling timescape and the sony social crap but that didn't help. i have no such problems on aftermarket roms (omni, cm).

i also downloaded push notification tester, and i can confirm that nothing happens after step 3 (trigger notification).

am i the alone with this? if not, is there a fix?
Got Google Play Services up and running? I noticed that when removing or disabling this app, you will no longer receive Push notifications..

Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app
My work:
  • NeoWave - A fully Z3 themed custom rom for the Sony Xperia V (Link) and Xperia T (Link)
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteNeo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bamdadkhan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteNeo View Post
Got Google Play Services up and running? I noticed that when removing or disabling this app, you will no longer receive Push notifications..

Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app
well, i always disable that invasive crap, but yeah, i did a test with play services enabled and updated - no luck.

bamdadkhan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
btw it's also disabled on my cm10.1 rom and i have no problems receiving notifications.

bamdadkhan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
UPDATE: seems to work on the new 9.2.A.1.199 firmware. i don't know if it's because of the new firmware or something i've changed (i've only restored user apps+data), but google play services is definitely disabled. ^^

WhiteNeo
Old
Thanks Meter 619

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
UPDATE: seems to work on the new 9.2.A.1.199 firmware. i don't know if it's because of the new firmware or something i've changed (i've only restored user apps+data), but google play services is definitely disabled. ^^
Well, when I disable Play Services, push notifications stop working..
But glad you got it to work

Sent from my Xperia V using Tapatalk.
My work:
  • NeoWave - A fully Z3 themed custom rom for the Sony Xperia V (Link) and Xperia T (Link)

bamdadkhan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
lol the consistency. : ) thanks for your help, though.

WhiteNeo
Old
Thanks Meter 619

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
lol the consistency. : ) thanks for your help, though.
Any time, mate!

Sent from my Xperia V using Tapatalk.
My work: