XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]KOT49H【4.4.2】AOSP Official Google Edition 【Verizon!】03-29-2014

Tip us?

Tortuga
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by kench33 View Post
Would you be able to walk me thru how to set that up? Haven't used ktweaker before.

How does the Hotspot work on this app?
Sent from my Galaxy S4
Sure, here are some quick steps to get you going:

1. Open KTweaker from your app drawer
2. Click on "Profiles and Scripts"
3. Click on "KTweaker Shop (Profiles)"
4. After it downloads the latest list, you'll see all of the available profiles. Click on one, and you'll get options to view a description (View About), view actual kernel adjustments (View Adjustments) and to download the profile (Download Profile.)
5. Read the description of a few that you'd like to try and then download one or more to try
6. Once downloaded, press the Back button to go back to the Profiles and Scripts menu
7. Click "Restore Profile from SD card"
8. Select the profile you want to try, and click OK when it asks you to confirm
9. Once the profile is applied, restart your phone
10. Let it settle in for a cycle or so before you really measure battery

I don't run scripts, but you can install those in a similar process. A script allows for tweaking of CPU cores 1-3 (core 0 is the only one tweaked with profiles, I believe.) It can provide additional battery saving or performance, depending on your setting.

Regarding the location settings I mentioned, they can be found in Settings > Location. Click Google Location Reporting, then turn both options Off (for best battery savings.)

One thing I've noticed lately is that if I run the camera or a third-party app uses the camera, my battery life takes a continuous hit through the entire cycle until a reboot. I'm wondering if we could have this same bug, despite no mm-qcamera-daemon process listed in battery stats. See here: http://phandroid.com/2014/03/10/andr...ery-drain-bug/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tortuga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shpotik
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Is anyone else having issues with led not working?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kench33
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortuga View Post
Sure, here are some quick steps to get you going:

1. Open KTweaker from your app drawer
2. Click on "Profiles and Scripts"
3. Click on "KTweaker Shop (Profiles)"
4. After it downloads the latest list, you'll see all of the available profiles. Click on one, and you'll get options to view a description (View About), view actual kernel adjustments (View Adjustments) and to download the profile (Download Profile.)
5. Read the description of a few that you'd like to try and then download one or more to try
6. Once downloaded, press the Back button to go back to the Profiles and Scripts menu
7. Click "Restore Profile from SD card"
8. Select the profile you want to try, and click OK when it asks you to confirm
9. Once the profile is applied, restart your phone
10. Let it settle in for a cycle or so before you really measure battery

I don't run scripts, but you can install those in a similar process. A script allows for tweaking of CPU cores 1-3 (core 0 is the only one tweaked with profiles, I believe.) It can provide additional battery saving or performance, depending on your setting.

Regarding the location settings I mentioned, they can be found in Settings > Location. Click Google Location Reporting, then turn both options Off (for best battery savings.)

One thing I've noticed lately is that if I run the camera or a third-party app uses the camera, my battery life takes a continuous hit through the entire cycle until a reboot. I'm wondering if we could have this same bug, despite no mm-qcamera-daemon process listed in battery stats. See here: http://phandroid.com/2014/03/10/andr...ery-drain-bug/
Thanks! Do you use the hotspot feature included on this rom? Its never charged me on other roms, just don't wanna use it and get charged.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

shpotik
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Thanks! Do you use the hotspot feature included on this rom? Its never charged me on other roms, just don't wanna use it and get charged.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
You won't get charged

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shpotik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tortuga
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpotik View Post
You won't get charged

Thanks, I have used it on other ROMs, but not this one. As I understand, and I could definitely be wrong, Verizon can't or won't (based on a court decision) charge for tethering if you have a tiered data plan. Even if you're unlimited, it is unlikely you'd get charged for it unless you used a substantial amount of data with it.

shpotik
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortuga View Post
Thanks, I have used it on other ROMs, but not this one. As I understand, and I could definitely be wrong, Verizon can't or won't (based on a court decision) charge for tethering if you have a tiered data plan. Even if you're unlimited, it is unlikely you'd get charged for it unless you used a substantial amount of data with it.
I have unlimited data still, and since I never actually agreed or added the hot spot feature to my plan I won't get charged...I don't think they care or check that stuff...my brother had 95gb last month lol

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

Anyone able to get the LED light to work? I've tried 2 different apps and yes I enabled them both in the settings

kench33
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Anyone have difficulty with getting your location on Google maps? I have 3 bars and it still doesn't find it.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
The Following User Says Thank You to kench33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bikoman1
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Led works fine, just hitting the torch tile.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

brandonair95
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Anyone have difficulty with getting your location on Google maps? I have 3 bars and it still doesn't find it.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
I do, sometimes. Usually when I'm far from the home location

Sent from my VZW Galaxy S4
The Following User Says Thank You to brandonair95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

josephpalozzi
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:

Sent from my Galaxy S4
My Google Maps (6.14 4Ever!) also has issues with gps lock after a re-boot. I can always force the GPS on using an app like GPS Test and then Maps works until the next reboot.
I do run with location reporting and wifi scanning off though. Not sure if that affects anything (besides battery life).

The Following User Says Thank You to josephpalozzi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]