Originally Posted by kench33
Would you be able to walk me thru how to set that up? Haven't used ktweaker before.
How does the Hotspot work on this app?
Sent from my Galaxy S4
Sure, here are some quick steps to get you going:
1. Open KTweaker from your app drawer
2. Click on "Profiles and Scripts"
3. Click on "KTweaker Shop (Profiles)"
4. After it downloads the latest list, you'll see all of the available profiles. Click on one, and you'll get options to view a description (View About), view actual kernel adjustments (View Adjustments) and to download the profile (Download Profile.)
5. Read the description of a few that you'd like to try and then download one or more to try
6. Once downloaded, press the Back button to go back to the Profiles and Scripts menu
7. Click "Restore Profile from SD card"
8. Select the profile you want to try, and click OK when it asks you to confirm
9. Once the profile is applied, restart your phone
10. Let it settle in for a cycle or so before you really measure battery
I don't run scripts, but you can install those in a similar process. A script allows for tweaking of CPU cores 1-3 (core 0 is the only one tweaked with profiles, I believe.) It can provide additional battery saving or performance, depending on your setting.
Regarding the location settings I mentioned, they can be found in Settings > Location. Click Google Location Reporting, then turn both options Off (for best battery savings.)
One thing I've noticed lately is that if I run the camera or a third-party app uses the camera, my battery life takes a continuous hit through the entire cycle until a reboot. I'm wondering if we could have this same bug, despite no mm-qcamera-daemon process listed in battery stats. See here: http://phandroid.com/2014/03/10/andr...ery-drain-bug/