Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 43,597 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] PC won't find this messed up phone

Tip us?

krausebrause
Old
(Last edited by krausebrause; 22nd March 2014 at 12:16 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] PC won't find this messed up phone

Okay, so this is the status quo of my friends phone: HTC One M7 UL, S-On, HBOOT-1.55, TAMPERED, UNLOCKED
There is no OS instelled, I can only boot into recovery (while booting from the bootloader it starts Team Win Recovery Project v2.6.0.1, when I boot from the phone being off it opens ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.6) or bootloader. The internal storage is wiped. My PC is not able to install the device driver software, so I cannot put any files on the phone via USB cable. Also it appears to not be rooted, as the recoveries ask me if I want to install SuperSU. But if I accept this, nothing changes and the next time I get the same question.
All in all almost erverything on this phone is deleted and I have no idea how to put a ROM back on it to flash. Can anyone help me fix this?

Update: Trying out the USB-OTG-cable I get the error "E: Can't mount /storage/usbdisk"

mb_guy
Old
(Last edited by mb_guy; 12th March 2014 at 03:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by krausebrause View Post
Okay, so this is the status quo of my friends phone: HTC One M7 UL, S-On, HBOOT-1.55, TAMPERED, UNLOCKED
There is no OS instelled, I can only boot into recovery (while booting from the bootloader it starts Team Win Recovery Project v2.6.0.1, when I boot from the phone being off it opens ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.6) or bootloader. The internal storage is wiped. My PC is not able to install the device driver software, so I cannot put any files on the phone via USB cable. Also it appears to not be rooted, as the recoveries ask me if I want to install SuperSU. But if I accept this, nothing changes and the next time I get the same question.
All in all almost erverything on this phone is deleted and I have no idea how to put a ROM back on it to flash. Can anyone help me fix this?
What errors do you have when installing drivers (adb) on your PC?
Phone: HTC One- Rogers unlocked
Rom: 4.4.2 Stock Sense 6
Stock Kernel

Old Phone: HTC Sensation, HD2, Tilt
Rom: ARHD
kernel: stock

krausebrause
Old
(Last edited by krausebrause; 22nd March 2014 at 01:20 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_guy View Post
What errors do you have when installing drivers (adb) on your PC? Without a PC the only option would be a usb OTG cable, you could hopefully install a 4.3 OS as the recovery isn't new enough for KitKat
oh i ment just the ordinary windows "error"
trying adb out right now, never heard of it before

Update: I don't get how to use adb. Could you maybe tell me what to do? I get the respose "List of attached devices" and thats it, doesn't find any.