FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more

Which Manufacturer (And Device) Made You Choose Android?

The beautiful thing about Android is that there is so much to choose from. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Transfer files from one Android phone to another via USB cable

10th March 2014, 01:44 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hello everyone.
I wonder if I could somehow transfer files from an Android phone to another one using its OTG capabilities and a USB cable. (not over wifi, bluetooth etc.)
I need this because I have Nexus 4 (8gb) and another phone with microsd slot, which I could use for storage purposes.
 
 
10th March 2014, 04:41 PM |#2  
Sakthivel_Subbiah's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212th

Hello everyone.
I wonder if I could somehow transfer files from an Android phone to another one using its OTG capabilities and a USB cable. (not over wifi, bluetooth etc.)
I need this because I have Nexus 4 (8gb) and another phone with microsd slot, which I could use for storage purposes.

do you have card reader and OTG cable ???
10th March 2014, 06:01 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakthivel_Subbiah

do you have card reader and OTG cable ???

I know what you're trying to say, but Nexus 4 doesn't support OTG (without external power). But my another phone does, so I want to send files from it to Nexus 4.
11th March 2014, 01:13 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
If I connect one device to another, it starts to charge and says it got connected via USB and after a while it stops charging..
12th March 2014, 01:43 AM |#5  
Sakthivel_Subbiah's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212th

If I connect one device to another, it starts to charge and says it got connected via USB and after a while it stops charging..

I meant the Y-OTG cable for nexus 4.. Does it shows turn on the USB connection on another phone ?
12th March 2014, 12:58 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakthivel_Subbiah

I meant the Y-OTG cable for nexus 4.. Does it shows turn on the USB connection on another phone ?

I connect the OTG cable end to xperia neo and other end to Nexus 4. It starts charging it and then stops, but USB connection persists.
12th March 2014, 01:29 PM |#7  
Sakthivel_Subbiah's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Thumbs up Try this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212th

I connect the OTG cable end to xperia neo and other end to Nexus 4. It starts charging it and then stops, but USB connection persists.

Then open notification and turn on usb connection (android with usb as a hand turns orange) in your nexus 4. and mount usb storage on your xperia neo...
12th March 2014, 04:36 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakthivel_Subbiah

Then open notification and turn on usb connection (android with usb as a hand turns orange) in your nexus 4. and mount usb storage on your xperia neo...

I did turn on USB connection on Nexus 4, but xperia neo doesn't see any usb devices.. It's probably because nexus 4 usb connection requires drivers to be installed.. seems like it would work only if it mounts as a regular flash drive
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
file transfer, otg, storage, usb
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes