Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,443 Members 48,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem with brand new Note 3 and safestrap

Tip us?

Skizzy034
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 989
Default Problem with brand new Note 3 and safestrap

Please I need some help! I just got a Note 3 today (I had a Note 3 when it first came out) and installed safestrap to it. I put a rom on my 64gb card and backed up the stock rom and then wiped all data, system, cache, etc. and when I tried to flash the rom it failed. I tried to do my restore and that failed also. I rebooted to recovery from safestrap and it went to the factory recovery. When I try to reboot the phone it just sits at the Samsung screen with the custom and lock icon. I don't know what to do. I think its the 64gb card that wouldn't allow the rom to be flashed or the restore to work. Is there an odin back to mj5? I think it's the only thing I can do.
*NOTE* I'll never recommend using a toolkit to root your device because if you don't know how to root your phone manually, you shouldn't be rooting your phone. -KidCarter93

My Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/sgutowski77

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,237

DONATE TO ME
General section

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Lost in a paper bag again...

Skizzy034
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by graydiggy View Post
General section

I was able to restore to mj5. Do you know if there is a problem with 64gb sdhc 10 micro sd cards or flashing roms to the stock rom slot?
*NOTE* I'll never recommend using a toolkit to root your device because if you don't know how to root your phone manually, you shouldn't be rooting your phone. -KidCarter93

My Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/sgutowski77

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,237

DONATE TO ME
Flash from the internal. Report back

Lost in a paper bag again...

Why0Why
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizzy034 View Post
I was able to restore to mj5. Do you know if there is a problem with 64gb sdhc 10 micro sd cards or flashing roms to the stock rom slot?
After a lot of playing around I think it is safer to use a 32GB for flashing or internal. Sometimes recovery doesn't play nice with a 64GB.

the2rrell
Old
Thanks Meter 609
i would always recommend flashing from the internal with safestrap. just seems to be more stable. keep the file on your Ext for safe keeping but copy it to your internal for flashabilty<<<
Sent from the VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to the2rrell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]