i545 Tmobile guys I need some testers

OP justda

12th March 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 9

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by preaseunderstand

I believe I have both the mk2 bootloader and modem. I've tried switching to different network types and apns, with no luck. I'm not sure about the 700 band thing. I'm considering just selling my i545 on ebay and using the money to buy the tmobile model or international model.

If you're on MK2 modem and Bootloader you should be able to stick a Tmobile sim in there and switch the phone to Global mode. That should get you LTE. I've done it with my sister's totally stock i545. I didn't even need to mess with APN
12th March 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willstilson

If you're on MK2 modem and Bootloader you should be able to stick a Tmobile sim in there and switch the phone to Global mode. That should get you LTE. I've done it with my sister's totally stock i545. I didn't even need to mess with APN

I live in Washington. I went to spokane last weekend and was able to get 4g lte there with my i545 on global mode. But now that I'm back in my hometown I only get edge, I used to get hspa+ here on my old phone.
12th March 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 9

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by preaseunderstand

I live in Washington. I went to spokane last weekend and was able to get 4g lte there with my i545 on global mode. But now that I'm back in my hometown I only get edge, I used to get hspa+ here on my old phone.

That means you're in an area where TMobile has not yet refarmed HSPA+ to the 1900Mhz PCS band. The i545 has access to the AWS (1700Mhz/2100Mhz) spectrum for LTE, but it cannot access it on the PCS side. I believe the HTC One GPe operates the same way. See the article below. TMobile runs HSPA on the AWS spectrum, except in places where it has been refarmed to 1900Mhz.

Essentially, the i545 will only pickup TMobile's HSPA when it's on 1900Mhz. Since their HSPA network is on the AWS band in most places, you won't be able to get onto that network without a capable device. Here in NYC, the HSPA network has been refarmed to their 1900Mhz band, which the i545 is capable of accessing.

http://www.androidcentral.com/why-yo...erage-t-mobile
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread