[WARNING] att i747 and OTA 4.3

Tip us?

indymx
Old
Thanks Meter 110

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbq9 View Post
Any way to downgrade to 4.1.1 without downgrading the bootloader? All I need is to be able to unlock it, which I believe can only be done in 4.1.1
Not sure about unlocking, but you can install any custom ROM you want, just don't Odin back to 4.1.1 or you'll brick it. Not sure if you can unlock on a custom ROM with the new bootloaders though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium HD app

ibulp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttreakle1 View Post
what version of 4.3 were you on ? the mjb ota or the leaked mj2? and if you were on mjb how did you flash back to 4.1 stock through odin or a custom recovery? I have to believe you were on the leaked version (mj2) in order to do what you did without bricking your device as the over ota (mjb) has the mjb bootloaders and cannot be downgraded without hard bricking your device....could you please be more specific on what you did?
I was on Leaked version mj2

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbq9 View Post
Any way to downgrade to 4.1.1 without downgrading the bootloader? All I need is to be able to unlock it, which I believe can only be done in 4.1.1
In order to unlock the phone using the free method, you need to be running a stock 4.1.1 ROM, including the bootloader.