XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AudioMix Wakelock on Stock KitKat

Tip us?

Sleepy!
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 354
Default AudioMix Wakelock on Stock KitKat

Hi guys I have a N7 2013 on stock KRT16S, and my biggest wake lock is AudioMix.

I'm rooted, using Greenify, and I even have Google Search uninstalled. I am not using GEL. People suggested turning touch sounds off, and I tried that too, but it didn't work.

Tried doing a search, and it seems like there's a lot of people who're affected by it, but very few people talking about it. All the references I could find:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2520406
http://m.imgur.com/s0P3sr2
http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/1ra1x7/
"BTW, what is this AudioMix wakelock? Is this like Audio_Out2 on the Nexus 4? Keyboard sounds or any sounds = wakelock? I also find it odd that considering I use my phone on vibrate 98% of the time, that the on my Nexus 4 and older phones, the speaker turns on when I press any button my phone. I thought system sounds wouldn't turn on? Quite interesting. Even in silent mode, the speaker turns on. I know this because my Nexus 4 speaker used to crack everytime it would turn on. To me that's an unnecessary wakelock that should ONLY happen if you're not in silent or vibrate."

Found one post on XDA by someone that seems to have a bit of a clue.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47663736 Post 1713.
"Yup, perfectly normal. AudioMix is the new wakelock for audio (previously was AudioOut_2, if I recall correctly) and PowerManagerService is just a kernel wakelock cause by apps syncing in the background. Mine ends up around 30 minutes after a whole day of usage."
If anyone has more ideas, please elaborate and help out.

Sent from Tapatalk, using Tapatalk

Sent from my HTC Sensation on CM10.1
Chi Delta Alpha ΧΔΑ Frat House

HTC Sensation 4G (CM10.1)
Motorola Defy+ (Quarx CM10.1)
Nook Simple Touch (rooted)

The Following User Says Thank You to Sleepy! For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sleepy!
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 354
@QuantumFoam

Sent from Tapatalk, using Tapatalk

Adorep
Old
Thanks Meter 2
My Nexus 7 has the same problem.
AudioMix wakelock and no deep sleep.

I checked my running apps and noticed that currents keeps an active AudioPlayerService.
After killing the process deep sleep is working again.

So atm the solution for my Nexus is to kill the process everytime i used currents.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk 4
The Following User Says Thank You to Adorep For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sleepy!
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorep View Post
My Nexus 7 has the same problem.
AudioMix wakelock and no deep sleep.

I checked my running apps and noticed that currents keeps an active AudioPlayerService.
After killing the process deep sleep is working again.

So atm the solution for my Nexus is to kill the process everytime i used currents.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk 4
It's still persistent on 4.4.1... wake time seems to have decreased by a bit, but still there.

angelussoares
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey guys, I'm having the same problem here, using CM11 (11-20140107-NIGHTLY-i9300) on Galaxy S3, and I guess I figured out the problem.
I looked a bit on some forums and found out that unchecking the touch sounds may solve the problem.
I just disabled all the system sounds and verifying with Wakelock Detector realized the counts stopped.
The problem here seems to be stopped here, maybe I add some updates later.
PS: I'm a little bit sad about disabling the touch sound, I was liking it so much
PS2: Sorry if you didn't understood something I wrote, I'm live in Brazil and I don't pratice so much my English.

moustic_moustic
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Hi

Maybe a clue here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=55

Have a look to MusicFX and DSP Manager.
It seems to be one of the two options in sounds Settings/Music effect ..
i don't like having a DSP running all the time (an active module to process sound) so i disabled them !

MurdockBaracus
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Im on a Tmo S3 running OctOS. I noticed the Audiomix wakelock only goes up on my phone when there are notifications or the ringtone is on. It creates a separate instance for each. If I'm streaming music from Slacker, nothing. Poweramp...nothing. Just notifications and ringtones. What that means? I do not know.
Paranoid T-MO GSIII