Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 52,234 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touchwiz keyboard

Tip us?
 
ads496
Old
#11  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahem View Post
you can't install it you have to be rooted and put it in the system/app folder then restart your phone it will work
Right I am rooted so I will try this. Just to clear it, do I put the zip there or the apk?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
 
sahem
Old
#12  
sahem's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 58
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Amman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ads496 View Post
Right I am rooted so I will try this. Just to clear it, do I put the zip there or the apk?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
the APK then restart your device
-----------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S IV I9500
 
phil.o
Old
#13  
phil.o's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2316
Posts: 2,130
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Erfurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahem View Post
you can't install it you have to be rooted and put it in the system/app folder then restart your phone it will work
Sammy keyboards will not work on GPE ROMs! And it doesn't matter if you install it as app or push it to /system/app - IT WILL NOT WORK!

tapatalked

Samsung Galaxy S4 √ GT - i9505

 
Quote:
All of you probably know chainfire, right? I just wanted to quote something from him:

"However, if you put any trust in Quadrant scores you could use them to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance."
 
sahem
Old
#14  
sahem's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 58
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Amman
I didn't get it, what do you mean by GPE and why wouldn't it work!!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
-----------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S IV I9500
 
ranger4740
Old
#15  
ranger4740's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 443
Posts: 1,437
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Melbourne
GPE = Google Play Edition. .. simple. From memory It won't work because framework is different between TW AND GPE.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
Update: 8th April 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4 👉😆😄Echoe rom v20😄😆👈
Still on old BMG4 Boobloader + FNBH Baseband.👍

semi-retired
HTC Desire HD
(Hboot 2.00.0029 AND S-OFF)
SVHD V 2.1.0

Retired HTC Legend
The Following User Says Thank You to ranger4740 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sahem
Old
#16  
sahem's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 58
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Amman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger4740 View Post
GPE = Google Play Edition. .. simple. From memory It won't work because framework is different between TW AND GPE.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
you are damn right it wont work i didn't know it's a GPE , this keyboard is for TW version, anyway thanks for the explanation
-----------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S IV I9500
 
rajkabul
Old
#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger4740 View Post
GPE = Google Play Edition. .. simple. From memory It won't work because framework is different between TW AND GPE.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
Thanks ranger4740. New for me too.
 
phil.o
Old
(Last edited by phil.o; 12th March 2014 at 07:07 PM.)
#18  
phil.o's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2316
Posts: 2,130
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Erfurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahem View Post
you are damn right it wont work i didn't know it's a GPE , this keyboard is for TW version, anyway thanks for the explanation
He mentioned in the OP that he had flashed a GPE ROM, so it's all about reading.

tapatalked

Samsung Galaxy S4 √ GT - i9505

 
Quote:
All of you probably know chainfire, right? I just wanted to quote something from him:

"However, if you put any trust in Quadrant scores you could use them to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance."

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

[OTA Captured] Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 Finally Gets Official KitKat Update

It’s been almost nine months since the LG G Pad … more

Enjoy Wallpaper Overload with PhotoPhase

We don’t usually feature live wallpapers on the XDA Portal unless they are somewhat innovative … more

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more