Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,865 Members 44,611 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 7 2013 32GB stuck on google screen

Tip us?

saajan_b123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] Nexus 7 2013 32GB stuck on google screen

Hi I'm new here, I have a nexus 7 2013 which wont go past the google screen, it just sits there doing nothing. I can still get into recovery mode and do a factory reset using wipe data/factory reset but it comes up with a bunch of errors such as:
E: failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Failed closing /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc (I/O error)
etc.

I have no idea what to do. I've only had the Nexus since October 2013. It has been running the stock Kitkat 4.4.2 with no root or any bootloader mods

I dont know if this has anything to do with it but last night my sister turned the Nexus on but just as it finished booting (it got to the lock screen) she turned it off straight away before things like the notification bar and background had loaded up. We only turned it on about an hour ago and that was when the Nexus got stuck on the Google logo screen. Also the Nexus was plugged into the stock charger that came with it while this was happening.

What do I do from here?
Is the device bricked?
Or is it as simply flashing a ROM?

Many Thanks

Saajan

charesa39
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by saajan_b123 View Post
Hi I'm new here, I have a nexus 7 2013 which wont go past the google screen, it just sits there doing nothing. I can still get into recovery mode and do a factory reset using wipe data/factory reset but it comes up with a bunch of errors such as:
E: failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Failed closing /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc (I/O error)
etc.

I have no idea what to do. I've only had the Nexus since October 2013. It has been running the stock Kitkat 4.4.2 with no root or any bootloader mods

I dont know if this has anything to do with it but last night my sister turned the Nexus on but just as it finished booting (it got to the lock screen) she turned it off straight away before things like the notification bar and background had loaded up. We only turned it on about an hour ago and that was when the Nexus got stuck on the Google logo screen. Also the Nexus was plugged into the stock charger that came with it while this was happening.

What do I do from here?
Is the device bricked?
Or is it as simply flashing a ROM?

Many Thanks

Saajan
I would suggest that you put it into fastboot mode (aka get to the bootloader), and fastboot flash the factory image. However, you do have to unlock the bootloader first.

Follow Post #2 from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2382051
The Following User Says Thank You to charesa39 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saajan_b123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by charesa39 View Post
I would suggest that you put it into fastboot mode (aka get to the bootloader), and fastboot flash the factory image. However, you do have to unlock the bootloader first.

Follow Post #2 from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2382051
Thank you, it worked great. I didnt know you could flash the image using fast boot

charesa39
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by saajan_b123 View Post
Thank you, it worked great. I didnt know you could flash the image using fast boot
Awesome. Glad it worked out for you. As far as I know, fastboot is the only way to flash the factory image. Well, I suppose toolkits can flash it as well, but I, personally, am not a huge fan of them. Plus, it's the same process in fastboot as well, just automated. They're convenient for someone that already knows what they're doing, but for "nooks," they can often do more harm than good.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app