FORUMS

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

[Q] Root for 4.4.2 KitKat Update available yet?

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By marshot, Junior Member on 12th March 2014, 08:34 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Good afternoon,

I'm wondering if there is a Root update available for KitKat yet? I just purchased a Note 3 and updated it to 4.4.2 (without thinking about it) and noticed that because it's only been out for less than a month it may not have available root files yet? Is that true? I've seen that there are several threads marked if you had a rooted 4.3 and want to flash a rooted 4.4.2 onto your device. But, none for a device with factory 4.4.2 already on it? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place? Any help to find and support is appreciated.
 
 
12th March 2014, 09:06 PM |#2  
xtrezpasor's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 149
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshot

Good afternoon,

I'm wondering if there is a Root update available for KitKat yet? I just purchased a Note 3 and updated it to 4.4.2 (without thinking about it) and noticed that because it's only been out for less than a month it may not have available root files yet? Is that true? I've seen that there are several threads marked if you had a rooted 4.3 and want to flash a rooted 4.4.2 onto your device. But, none for a device with factory 4.4.2 already on it? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place? Any help to find and support is appreciated.

I was just about to ask the same thing...
13th March 2014, 07:49 AM |#3  
JimSmith94's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Irving, TX
Thanks Meter: 300
 
Donate to Me
More
There is no way yet. Kingo says they are working on it but I got no response when I asked them for a status update.
13th March 2014, 07:59 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I'm all confused too, I'm trying to root because I want the tether option, my phones still on 4.3 though I was about to update before I read this... so then if we want Kit Kat what do we do after we root on 4.3?
13th March 2014, 09:00 PM |#5  
MrWicked1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Pablo, Ca
Thanks Meter: 131
 
Donate to Me
More
There's root methods out there for Kitkat I personally used chain fire's method which will trip Knox. If you are trying to preserve your Samsung warranty and not trip Knox then no.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
14th March 2014, 02:20 AM |#6  
ebe01's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Rooted mine,stock kit kat,took update night I bought phone, used chainfires auto root, I could care less about tripping Knox though.

sent from my kit kat killed note 3
14th March 2014, 06:24 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshot

Good afternoon,

I'm wondering if there is a Root update available for KitKat yet? I just purchased a Note 3 and updated it to 4.4.2 (without thinking about it) and noticed that because it's only been out for less than a month it may not have available root files yet? Is that true? I've seen that there are several threads marked if you had a rooted 4.3 and want to flash a rooted 4.4.2 onto your device. But, none for a device with factory 4.4.2 already on it? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place? Any help to find and support is appreciated.

Hello Dear,
i have also note 3 sprint and i did rooted...
how to ?
first you have to download cf auto root file of N9005 not N900P
set your phone on download mode and root with odin.. 110% tested and working fine
14th March 2014, 08:10 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Flag Rochester
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marioca

I'm all confused too, I'm trying to root because I want the tether option, my phones still on 4.3 though I was about to update before I read this... so then if we want Kit Kat what do we do after we root on 4.3?

If you are currently on 4.3 you can get to Kit Kat rooted by following the direction posted here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658315. Make sure to thank the OP (optimummind) in that thread.

Also, if you are rooting only to get WiFi tether, there are a few people who claim WiFi Tether Router by Fabio Grasso ($1.95) is the best option available for KitKat. Read more here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...r#post50826678. The previous free mod no longer works on Kit Kat. Well that is my understanding anyway. I was rooted on 4.3 with WiFi Tether and am now rooted on 4.4 with no WiFi Tether. I hope this helps.
Last edited by tujitsu56; 14th March 2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Provided links to threads with useful information
15th March 2014, 12:34 AM |#9  
micmars's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 13,837
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujitsu56

If you are currently on 4.3 you can get to Kit Kat rooted by following the direction posted here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658315. Make sure to thank the OP (optimummind) in that thread.

Also, if you are rooting only to get WiFi tether, there are a few people who claim WiFi Tether Router by Fabio Grasso ($1.95) is the best option available for KitKat. Read more here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...r#post50826678. The previous free mod no longer works on Kit Kat. Well that is my understanding anyway. I was rooted on 4.3 with WiFi Tether and am now rooted on 4.4 with no WiFi Tether. I hope this helps.

That method has inherent issues that have yet to be redressed. I'd highly recommend understanding the downside before using it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
15th March 2014, 04:31 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars

That method has inherent issues that have yet to be redressed. I'd highly recommend understanding the downside before using it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Well Im not sure how knox triggering would affect me since Im paying Sprints full equipment protection. Ive taken a bricked evo3d before and they had no idea what was wrong they told me it must be the battery they tried diff batterys and chargers to rry and turn it on and they just replaced it since they couldnt fix it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes