Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 44,947 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked phone Need Help

Tip us?

CYNiCAL2KX
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsjgamer View Post
HTC One on T-Mobile
I hate stating the obvious. But you can only install HTC One roms on a HTC One.. I understand where you might of got confused by the title but, http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one <<< this is where you should be looking.

The rom you installed is for a different phone, and I'm sure you can understand why it's not booting now lol

Take a look through the HTC One forum, and next time, verify the ROM is designed for HTC One
Current:HTC One (m7ul) @ 2106mhz Old phones:HTC Desire HTC Desire HD HTC Sensation HTC One X+
If I helped you, a thanks would be great

jsjgamer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYNiCAL2KX View Post
I hate stating the obvious. But you can only install HTC One roms on a HTC One.. I understand where you might of got confused by the title but, http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one <<< this is where you should be looking.

The rom you installed is for a different phone, and I'm sure you can understand why it's not booting now lol

Take a look through the HTC One forum, and next time, verify the ROM is designed for HTC One
Lol yes i see now. Downloading the correct one for HTC One. I have just been working on this all day and my brain is about fried.

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 396
Dodged a bullet there. Usually cross-device rom install will PERMANENTLY BRICK your phone.

You may still be having issues now due to the wrong partition writing. What file are you downloading?

mb_guy
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
Dodged a bullet there. Usually cross-device rom install will PERMANENTLY BRICK your phone.

You may still be having issues now due to the wrong partition writing. What file are you downloading?
Does this not work for him, perhaps needs stock recovery from the ruu flashed first??
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2496074
Phone: HTC One- Rogers unlocked
Rom: 4.4.2 Stock Sense 6
Stock Kernel

Old Phone: HTC Sensation, HD2, Tilt
Rom: ARHD
kernel: stock

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_guy View Post
Does this not work for him, perhaps needs stock recovery from the ruu flashed first??
No. Main version is higher on op device

sent from my mobile device

jsjgamer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
No. Main version is higher on op device

So I got the phone working. Found an unofficial T-Mobile 4.3 Rom that is for my phone. Going to get back to stock ROM within the week. I have TWRP 2.7 and 4.3. I would like to get back to all stock if at all possible for T-Mobile. Would you know how to? I am just happy I got a working phone. I have been working on this since 9 this morning. Anyways Just wanted to give yall an update and want to thank you for you help. If you could help me get it back to full stock that would be even more appreciated.

mb_guy
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsjgamer View Post
So I got the phone working. Found an unofficial T-Mobile 4.3 Rom that is for my phone. Going to get back to stock ROM within the week. I have TWRP 2.7 and 4.3. I would like to get back to all stock if at all possible for T-Mobile. Would you know how to? I am just happy I got a working phone. I have been working on this since 9 this morning. Anyways Just wanted to give yall an update and want to thank you for you help. If you could help me get it back to full stock that would be even more appreciated.
Glad you got it going. Sorry I lead you astray on that first T-Mobile ruu
Phone: HTC One- Rogers unlocked
Rom: 4.4.2 Stock Sense 6
Stock Kernel

Old Phone: HTC Sensation, HD2, Tilt
Rom: ARHD
kernel: stock
The Following User Says Thank You to mb_guy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jsjgamer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
My Hboot is 1.56 and I am running KitKat. Just having a hard time finding stuff for KitKat

jsjgamer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Glad you got it going. Sorry I lead you astray on that first T-Mobile ruu

Its all good. I do appriciate the help you guys gave me.

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 396
Two ways to go about it.

1. Install a backup/restore copy of Tmobile Kitkat. Then restore stock recovery and lockup bootloader

2. S-off,and install the RUU linked before for Tmobile