[Q] HTC One From Amazon Warehouse - Received unlocked and a bit messed up - Pls help

OP craighumphries

12th March 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_guy

You might try fix permissions from TWRP

I'm not sure how I can do that, because as I was mentioning before - I can flash a recovery, but when I try to access it the phone still goes to the red triangle. It's as if the custom recovery didn't flash, even though it says that it was flashed successfully.
12th March 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightSpeedIII

I would suggest attempting to get s-off via firewater using the temp root method. This should allow you to flash an RUU that has a downgraded hboot, which might fix your problems. Alternatively, if you don't want to get s-off, flash an RUU that has an updated hboot, which should do the same thing.

Thanks. I haven't tried firewater before, so I will have a read up on how to do that. Unfortunately I can't flash any ruu as things are at the moment, because fastboot oem lock command won't work for some reason. I do ultimately want to be s-off though, so I guess I will have to be careful with newer RUU's.

I will post back my results.
12th March 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 421

1,746 posts
Send it back. Your phone is dead.
12th March 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by craighumphries

Thanks. I haven't tried firewater before, so I will have a read up on how to do that. Unfortunately I can't flash any ruu as things are at the moment, because fastboot oem lock command won't work for some reason. I do ultimately want to be s-off though, so I guess I will have to be careful with newer RUU's.

I will post back my results.

OK, well I knew that it wasn't going to work as soon as I executed the first "adb reboot" command. The phone rebooted as expected, but it had also performed a factory reset in the process. Despite this I continued with the instructions, managed to copy the files and obtain temp root, but then the firewater process just terminated at bottle 6. Oh well...
12th March 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ

Send it back. Your phone is dead.

I guess that must be true, so I will create a return tomorrow.

It just seems so strange that I can boot the device, install apps and otherwise use the device completely normally. I guess it's time to admit defeat and send it back though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread