FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

remove carrier iq?

1,548 posts
Thanks Meter: 281
 
By podagee, Senior Member on 3rd March 2014, 04:11 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
i was wondering if anybody accomplished this with the ATT variant i installed iq remover but its still there. on d80020c.
 
 
3rd March 2014, 04:31 PM |#2  
ratibars's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
You need to be rooted and then use System Tuner app (available in Google Play) to turn them off.

Links:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2454437

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2447383
3rd March 2014, 07:14 PM |#3  
podagee's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag kahului
Thanks Meter: 281
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratibars

You need to be rooted and then use System Tuner app (available in Google Play) to turn them off.

Links:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2454437

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2447383

thanks will try that right now
3rd March 2014, 07:37 PM |#4  
podagee's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag kahului
Thanks Meter: 281
 
More
ummm yeahhh.... digged and digged through the app and couldnt find carrier iq???
5th March 2014, 08:59 PM |#5  
ratibars's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by podagee

ummm yeahhh.... digged and digged through the app and couldnt find carrier iq???

Sorry I just saw your post. The second post in my first link explains it:

Install System Tuner, free from market (lots of annoying ads, no big deal).

Click the red System Android, click Android System, Details, then uncheck all 7 CarrierIQ related processes.
5th March 2014, 10:21 PM |#6  
podagee's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag kahului
Thanks Meter: 281
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratibars

Sorry I just saw your post. The second post in my first link explains it:

Install System Tuner, free from market (lots of annoying ads, no big deal).

Click the red System Android, click Android System, Details, then uncheck all 7 CarrierIQ related processes.

Tried that it doesnt remove it, carrier iq spy says its still active. Tried removing the 2 files that show iq and it crashed my phone. Guess ill just deal with it
12th March 2014, 11:27 PM |#7  
podagee's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag kahului
Thanks Meter: 281
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratibars

Sorry I just saw your post. The second post in my first link explains it:

Install System Tuner, free from market (lots of annoying ads, no big deal).

Click the red System Android, click Android System, Details, then uncheck all 7 CarrierIQ related processes.


Okay ive got it unticked.. also found this in LADDM...
SEE BOTTOM PICTURE TEXT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-12-12-25-31.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	2627476  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes