Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,114 Members 38,323 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't Update To 4.4 :(

Tip us?

Kangaji
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Unhappy [Q] Can't Update To 4.4 :(

Hey guys,

So I tried looking around in the forum but can't seem to get an understandable answer.

I have a Nexus 7 (2012). I was running CM 10.2, but wanted to move up to KitKat. I downloaded the new ROM, and did the wipe and everything. But none of the new ROMs will install on my Nexus 7. Every time, it will start to install, then it will say "status 7, installation aborted" and that little android guy in the background will be lying down with a red triangle over him.

I have tried several different ROMs, but they all seem to have the same effect.

I THOUGHT about ADB sideloading, but my computer does not recognize the device. So there's that.

.....Any ideas? Please?

Pirateghost
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6,758

DONATE TO ME
Update your recovery

Sent from my Nexus 5

mcerk02
Old
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaji View Post
Hey guys,

So I tried looking around in the forum but can't seem to get an understandable answer.

I have a Nexus 7 (2012). I was running CM 10.2, but wanted to move up to KitKat. I downloaded the new ROM, and did the wipe and everything. But none of the new ROMs will install on my Nexus 7. Every time, it will start to install, then it will say "status 7, installation aborted" and that little android guy in the background will be lying down with a red triangle over him.

I have tried several different ROMs, but they all seem to have the same effect.

I THOUGHT about ADB sideloading, but my computer does not recognize the device. So there's that.

.....Any ideas? Please?
make sure you are on the latest TWRP recovery and if it still gives you problems, make sure your using the latest bootloader, I have heard reports of an older bootloader causing problems with some rom installs....
The Following User Says Thank You to mcerk02 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kangaji
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
THANK YOU THANK YOU
It works PERFECT now, looks like. Thanks again!!

Kangaji
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
THANK YOU THANK YOU
It works PERFECT now, looks like. Thanks again!!
Tags
4.4 kit kat rom, kitkat, nexus 7 (2012), update